balcony guarantee

surrocruiser

We absolutely require a balcony for a cruise. We are trying to keep cost down for our next one and are thinking of booking a guarantee balcony for that reason. Are there any balconies that we would really be sorry to be stuck in? By the way, this would be on Carnival Victory or Valor.

We always sail in a balcony cabin also..unless the ship is small enough not to offer them unless they are suites...we have done it both ways...picked our cabin and also done the guarantee...we have maybe been lucky because we got great cabin assignments with our guarantee.

The only time we have done the guarantee is when we can save at least $100pp...otherwise there usually isn't much difference in price between a GTY and the lowest level of balcony.

We did the balcony guarantee for our upcoming cruise. You just have to make sure that your guarantee does not include balconies with obstructed views. I doubt we will do this again, even tho we saved $100 pp. We have been placed on upper deck far forward. Just like another poster said, I am afraid it will be a lot of movement. If so, next time we will pick our own cabin, between two decks of cabins mid ship.

As far as location, we really don't mind that at all. As a matter of fact, I tried to find a line that offers regular balconies overlooking the bow of the ship. (Not many and appears none sailing from south FL in May of '07) We were disappointed on our last cruise b/c we didn't feel much movement at all. (I know, we are weird) I guess I'm more concerned with obstructions. It doesn't make much sense in design to obstruct a balcony???

Victory/Valor do not have obstructed balconies.

Most obstructed balconies are cat 7a on the spirit class.

if you do not care where your cabin is-- guarantee is the place to be.

Archived