Sweet Tea Please

dashadow

Soon To Be First Time Cruiser, Imagination In June, Like Many Of My Fellow Southerners Sweet Tea Runs Through My Veins. I Have Read That Tea Is One Of The Free Beverages But How Good Is It And How Accessible Is It Around The Clock, Is It Brewed Or Is It Some Of That Machine Crap You Get From The Soda Machines. Thanks In Advance For Your Help

The ships I have been on usually either have hot water and tea bags or tea in large containers that can be put over ice. It is NOTHING like good southern sweet tea unfortunately.

Have a great cruise anyway.

No sweet tea, thankfully for me. I thought it was pretty good, but everybody's idea of what good iced tea is depends. You should be able to get it anytime. There were teabags so you could try to make your own if you can't stand the pre-made.

I am used to old fashioned, southern sweet tea and I make it two gallons at a time. The prepared tea onboard is not great and all is unsweetened. Your best bet is to use the tea-bags and make your own but only one glass at a time. Take a larger insulated cup onboard and make up a little more. If you haven't cruised before the glasses are rather small.

Missygirl:)

Thanks for the responses, making your own sounds like the plan, as long as there is access to some well be alright. Thanks again, I have really enjoyed reading through all the cruise talk, a great way to have some connection to the upcoming cruise.

Hey Y'all...You also won't find the following on a cruise:

Collard Greens

Chitlens

Corn bread

Sweet taters

but you will find something they call grits!

You also won't find everyone speaking to you with a sincere "Mownin'" as you see them first thing each day.:D

They just don't understand our fondness for swee'tea.:D

Room service will deliver iced tea. You can also ask for tea bags and a carafe of hot water. There will be ice in your cabin. Make sure you tell them to send LOTS of sugar packets!

Also the tea in the dispenser is semi cold which means the sugar will not dissolve in it. The trick I have learned is to add a pack of Sweet-N-Low. It gets the sugar taste up to a reasonable level.

Dave

You could also take along a 5# of SUGAR with you, but it will take 5# off your suitcase for all those Clothes that you will be bringing, not included all of those SHOES. So it is sugar or shoes.. Its only a week, so you can do without your tea or better yet, bring a couple of gallons from home with you, and put them in your carry on :D :D :eek:

I have to mix the ice tea with the lemonade to get it just right.

If wanting to make your own your cabin steward can get you a glass pitcher to use in the cabin.

We carry on our own insulated mug since those cups are way too small onboard.

Archived