CUNARD is being not nice! (Nice is being used in lieu of a more fitting set of words)

avalon1025

Our pre cruise documents say to book a flight no later than 1PM, Cunard HQ are useless. Due to the ships Pod problems the ship will not arrive in SH untill 9:00-ish. Now Cunard is saying to book flights after 3:00. When were they going to tell passengers this?? Do they think you can just call an airline and change your ticket, no problem? Cunard is falling out of my favorites list. It cost me hundreds to change our flights, and if I did not inquire I still would not know ( and thanks to this board )

I don't actually understand what you are in difficulty with. Is this a post cruise or precruise flight?

If it is caused by the pod problem then surely it is up to Cunard to pay for any changes? (Assuming they are necessary of course).

Can you explain again for those who aren't aware of the background?

Did you book through Cunard or through an agent?

Shortly after the announced cancellations due to the pod problem, agencies were advised that the arrivals would be later and to select later departing flights.

We had booked our own flights before the POD issue. We have had to change the flights, But i think CUNARD should give some offer of something to offset the cost of changing the flights.

I called Cunard today and now they are not recommending any flights before 4:00PM, FYI. It seems you get a different response each time you call.

Archived