Princess Extras for scrapbooking

JessH

I have heard that on other ships, besides the daily itinerary, you get a card saying the weather....

Does princess give any other things like this?

I am a scrapbooker so I like to collect everything!

Hi Jess I scrapbook as well...Yor will get a log of the cruise that tells weather miles traveled ect..... You can also ask for copies of the menu's for the end of the cruise. There are alot of little things to collect.

My only other cruise was on Celebrity to Alaska. I saved the full color brochure from the Travel Agent, then cut-out the photos and logos for my scrapbook pages. I even cut-out the map of the route and the itinerary and used them in the scrapbook. Would love to hear other ideas about things to save or collect for the cruise scrapbook.

Fellow scrapbooker here -

Something nice I brought home from a long Princess trip was from the photo area of the ship. I bought a 5x7 picture of the ship that was imposed on a map with the route we took drawn onto it, along with the dates. It was really nice, and I made it the title page as the 24 day cruise took up an entire book.

I was disappointed that they didn't have something similar on my recent Celebrity transatlantic.

I am an avid scrapbooker whose husband has been trained to save EVERYTHING! Somethings I have used...

~The pretty water colored paper from our doc envelope for accenting pages.

~My cruise card (obviously) - if it gets to worn out by the end of the cruise, they will make you a new one.

~Old Bingo sheet for a "game page" background

~If you are a repeat cruiser, there will be a card and "passport" stamp waiting in your room for you. If you do NOT get these, ask for then at the CC desk

~The port sheets given out both in your room (folder) and at the shore excursion desk (get two, the one you take to shore gets folded)

~I always take my name plate off of my door the night before we disembark. Sometimes the room steward throws them away.

~ I always get a extra patter right away on a new day, and store it away in a seperate envelope. The other from your room will get bend and messy looking, and probably even lost! I always know I have all days lined up and ready for scrapbookin'!

Casey

I saved a few copies of our drink reciepts and used tropical drink stickers (creative memories or whichever) to attach it to the scrapbook page. Also use the letterhead that is in the cabin (with the postcards) to journal at least one day. There will be a one page daily newspaper at the pursers desk that you can use for a background sheet. Any trivia games you play - keep that to post in your scrapbook, bingo sheets... One other thing I do is buy a postcard in the ports then mail it to our home, a few weeks later we'll get it in the mail with a little reminder of what we did that day. Unfortunately I usually do the scrapbook in the first week because I can't wait to put the book together and sometimes I forget to leave a space for the postcards!

Hi,

I just found a great thread (6 pages long) with tons of tips about cruising scrapbooks on the Cruise Memorabilia board. It has references to some really great websites where you can buy paper and embellisments for all of your cruises. I even found a lot of stuff for Norway, where I will be cruising this June! Now I want to buy all of the fun Alaska things and re-do my scrapbook of that cruise.

Lauren

Don't tell anyone but I stole the "do not disturb" doorsign for my scrapbook. I also put my cruise key cards in there. You get all kinds of little papers to save, including the little card that has a diagram/map/layout of the ship. I always buy a postcard picture of the ship in the giftshop too. And I save some of my ticket stubs from my Princess luggage tags. They are colorful and cute for the scrapbook. I also brought home a few drink napkins with the Princess logo.

Hi,

I just found a great thread (6 pages long) with tons of tips about cruising scrapbooks on the Cruise Memorabilia board. It has references to some really great websites where you can buy paper and embellisments for all of your cruises. I even found a lot of stuff for Norway, where I will be cruising this June! Now I want to buy all of the fun Alaska things and re-do my scrapbook of that cruise.

Lauren

Lauren,

Could you post the link to that thread? That would be very helpful.

Thanks!

Mary Lou

I do a bunch of the above stuff but I also save some of the candy wrappers and cut out some craft foam in the shape the chocolate was and wrap it up in the foil. It’s a fun reminder and ads dimension to the page. you can also get a package of playing cards from the pursuers desk.

Another recommdation. QVC(shopping channel) has alot of scrapbooking supplies and they are really cheap compared to arts and crafts store. Thought you would like to know.

Marilyn

My wife has trained me as well. Some things that I have added:

The beer bottle labels from the local beer in town, The paper/cardboard coasters from the restaurants/bars that we went to, the pressed flowers from her corsage and my boutineer (sp), cutouts from the tour brochures provided by the operators of the tours, and cutout logos from the shopping bags of the shops that we purchased things from.

I'm sure that there are many more as my wife makes a book for each of our vacations.

My wife likes to make door magnets to put on the outside of our cabin door during our cruise that all relate to either the cruise ship or the ports we are going to and then use those magnnets in her scrapbooks when we get home. We always get remarks from fellow passengers and it makes it really easy to know which cabin is ours. Does anyone know if The Carribean Princess cabin doors are made of metal? I hope so as she plans on doing this again for our October cruise. It is fun reading your ideas about scrapbooking and I'm sure my wife will use some of your ideas. Bon Voyage.

I pick up brochures and booklets in each port because they are colorful and often relate to things we have seen and done in each port. I cut out the portions that apply to things we have done,to add to my photo album/scrapbook that I assemble for each cruise. Sometimes there is descriptive info re: ports in the Princess Patters that can be placed with the photos I have taken. I always cut out the bio for the Captain of each ship and put that in too.

Friends,

Not really a scrapbooking item, but what I think is a good idea. Use a postcards from your most recent cruise as a bookmark with the books you are reading. Every time you start to read you get that cruising feeling again.

Cheers,

John

I wish I had seen these ideas before my last cruise. When I think of all of the things I SHOULD have saved! After reading these ideas I put one of my 12x12 craft keepers in my "to go" pile so that I'll have a safe place to store all of the things I will now be saving! One thing I aways do on our vacations is keep a journal. (I am a frustrated travel writer). It really helps when it comes time to make the scrapbook and I already have most of the journeling done.

Archived