Using Discover Card Cashback Bonus on NCL

Host CMLA

Has anyone ever used their Discover card cashback bonus for their NCL cruise? I had no idea this option existed until today when I was looking at my Discover card Statement. This is a small blurb from the Discover card web site: Apply between $40 and $100 Cashback Bonus to receive DOUBLE the amount towards a vacation (subject to room category and cruise length, see terms for more details) I do believe you have to book with their travel company. These rewards are nothing like the MBNA rewards but if you have a Discover card, why not use it for a cruise with NCL? Anyway...has anyone done this? If yes, was it an easy process?

Has anyone ever used their Discover card cashback bonus for their NCL cruise? I had no idea this option existed until today when I was looking at my Discover card Statement. This is a small blurb from the Discover card web site: Apply between $40 and $100 Cashback Bonus to receive DOUBLE the amount towards a vacation (subject to room category and cruise length, see terms for more details) I do believe you have to book with their travel company. These rewards are nothing like the MBNA rewards but if you have a Discover card, why not use it for a cruise with NCL? Anyway...has anyone done this? If yes, was it an easy process?

We have yet to find a time when using the cash back bonus has been worth our while. If you book a cruise thru Discover's agency you will get 5% cash back. That is a better deal then using $40 of your cash back and getting an additional $40. Right now they are offering a deal for the 5% cash back and up to $150 credit to your room for select NCL cruises. Here is the internet link:

http://cruiseandvacationdesk.com/discover/page.asp?page=ncl

We have yet to find a time when using the cash back bonus has been worth our while. If you book a cruise thru Discover's agency you will get 5% cash back. That is a better deal then using $40 of your cash back and getting an additional $40. Right now they are offering a deal for the 5% cash back and up to $150 credit to your room for select NCL cruises. Here is the internet link:

http://cruiseandvacationdesk.com/discover/page.asp?page=ncl

Thanks. I never knew this existed. A few other cruise lines do this too. I thought that maybe it would be a good option if I don't have MBNA certificates, or Entertainment book coupons, or any other discount of some kind. I guess it would depend on what price the agency is offering and how it compares to other prices offered.

Archived