Belize cave tubing concern

AmysOnline

we're headed out on the Miracle on 4/23 and have booked the cave tubing trip in Belize through belizecruiseexcursions.com. I have read a lot of posts about people running late for the last tender after this excursion - How worried should I be?

Thanks

We booked with Coral Breezes and were concerned as well. We had time to relax and eat at the river before heading back to the port, then shopped for an hour before taking the tender. I don't remember what time we took the tender, but it wasn't the last one. E-mail your tour operator and tell him your concerns. Time zones and whether or not Belize is on DST will make a difference too.

My BF and I went last month and the water was quite clear. We loved cave tubing and would do it again in a heartbeat. We booked our trip with Yhony from cave-tubing.com. The rain forest, the water, the caves, everything was AMAZING! I would highly recommend cave tubing. My only regret is that we didn't have more time to float through additional caves. We went through 2 caves but if I remember correctly there are actually 9.

We just returned last week and went tubing with Reggie's. The water was very clear. So clear I stuck my video cam( I have an enclosure) underwater while tubing and video'd the fish swimming by.

We left after the cruise ship tours, did an extra cave and ate at the cave site. We arrived back at the port with well over an hour to shop and have beers at the port. And we were never rushed thru anything.

Clint

• 1 month later...

Just got back this morning from 7 days on the Carnival Miracle. Booked our cave tubing through cave-tubing.com with Yhony - the only way to go!

When you get off the tender, the locals swarm you - this is a POOR country and they are all over you. As soon as I mentioned "I am looking for Yhony", they back off quickly! Yhony meets you at the meeting spot and will have your name on a sign to show you that you got the right guy.

We did more for less money than booking through the cruise lines. In fact, we went through 2 caves vs. the cruise line's one and we were guided the entire way. Passed a lot of cruise ship folks (including some dining friends) who were all alone in the caves w/o cruise line's guides.

Afterwards, they take you to lunch at a local restaurant - great place!

You truely get the full Belize experience. The guides are funny, helpful, and cool to deal with. We paid $45.00 (lunch was additional $5.00) and had a blast. Friends went through Carnival and paid almost twice the price and did not have as much fun or see as much of the country as we did.

You pay at the end of the day in cash and they take you right back to the port in plenty of time before the last tender. The cruise lines will tell you not to book with anyone but them and will try to scare you into thinking you will miss the ship or that you can't get off the ship early when all of "their" excursions go. Nonsense - save you $$ and go with these guys.

while in Belize we meet this person by the name of Mr. Pandy from Belize shorex.com and he gave us a tour to cave tubing and the Belize City tour which was excellent he was very knowlegable of country and we only had 12 people in our group. He had 10 person book already and we make up the 12th persons he had on his tour. The Belize cave tubing was soooo good I had to ask for a business card for my next trip to Belize. The water is very clear and they are very concern of thier guest safety. Belize shorex.com was very good and I understand that they also do other tours in Belize. Their cost was 1/2 the price that you will pay on the ship. We got back an hour before the last tender back to the ship and also get a 15% discount off on our souvenirs.

Private tour is the way to go. More for your money' date=',,

Fun'n'sun:cool:[/quote']

Hey Fun n Sun....what cruise ship were you on? Where did you meet your tour? We will be in Belize in late August and are trying to decide what to do.

Archived