Don't Stop the Party!

Silky Terrier

I would like to know this also!

Planning on Bermuda cruise either June or August and read about this on another board. But the last post was over a year ago!

Any updates on this?? I think they called it Don't Stop the Carnival Party.

:D Dear SILKYTERRIER and ROYAL GIRL, I have been on this excursion and it is a lot of fun. I wouldn't worry about missing dinner on the ship.

We had a really good time when we did this and would definitely recommend it.

Hope this helps!

CruisinKat

Hi guys!

I would definitely visit the website for Hawkins Island (provided below by BECCAB). That can give you some information, as well.

We took this excursion while cruising on Carnival, about 3 years ago. There's a boat that picks everyone up and brings you over to Hawkins Island. Once there, there's pretty much a mad dash to get a table to sit at. There is no assigned seating, so it's first come, first serve. There were 2 cruise ships in port that day, which apparently offered the same excursion because there were 2 different shuttle boats bringing loads of people for this excursion (one from our ship, and one from the other ship).

Once we found a table to sit at, we got some rum punch and walked around to check out the little island. There's an open bar and they have a huge BBQ, which they set out buffet style. They make an announcement when it's ready for everyone to start digging in. The food is good; typical BBQ fare and they also put out a dessert buffet a bit later. After about an hour or so, the band starts playing and the party starts! They put on a great show and include the crowd in everything. They have jumby dancers and do a limbo contest and there is plenty of dancing!!

It's definitely a fun time! I would love to go again, but, the next time we're in Bermuda it's only for the day, so, there's no time to squeeze it in. Our first trip there, was an overnighter, so we were able to do it.

You won't be disappointed!

CruisinKat

• 1 month later...
Has anyone taken the excursion to Hawkins Island called Don't Stop the Carnival Party? Hate to miss dinner on the ship but this looks like it might be worth it.

JoAnn

We did Hawkin's Island last 2 trips to Bermuda, but ours was during day time. Swim, snorkel, bar-b-que. I'd go back easily. However I did not see a day time tour. Anybody know if day time is still avaliable?

Archived