Concierge question

PattiHere

My DH and I are sailing to Bermuda next month - we have a mini-suite which has concierge available. We have never had this option before and were just wondering do we give the concierge a tip. If yes, do we wait until the end of the cruise or do we give them a tip each time they help us. Also, what is an appropriate amount to tip the concierge?

Thank you!

Hi:

I'm piggy-backing on this post. We, too, are cruising to Bermuda (on the Crown in September). We have booked an AC, with "concierge available". My question is: how reliable is the concierge service. For example, if it is very, very important for us to have a reservation at one of the specialty restaurants on the first night (special occasion), can we realisticly rely upon the concierge to make this reservation for us? Or, should we just do it ourselves? From some other posts, it seems that concierge service is somewhat spotty.

Regards

When consierge service is available..it is up to you to make use of it. If you want assistance in making rerservations, call the consierge. If you do not make use of that service, tipping is not necessary. The amount would relate to the amount of service you received. However, they are not in the "pool of tips" included in the fees.

We used the concierge a few times and we tip accordingly. We pretty much do things on our own, but on our next cruise I want Cagney's on our last sea day, which will be my birthday. I want my Surf n Turf, so I'll have the concierge arrange that.

Tip according to your usage.

My DH and I are sailing to Bermuda next month - we have a mini-suite which has concierge available. We have never had this option before and were just wondering do we give the concierge a tip. If yes, do we wait until the end of the cruise or do we give them a tip each time they help us. Also, what is an appropriate amount to tip the concierge?

Thank you!

Since concierge is available....use him/her. Less stress for you.

Tip him/her at the end of your cruise, according to how many times you used him/her.

I usually do a base - $10 per resevation, tender tickets, etc.

Have a wonderful cruise:)

We utilize the concierge service so much, it's almost like having a personal assisant onboard - usually a daily 'salary' of 40-50.00.

Having everything taken care of makes the cruise so much easier.

Use the service as little or a much as you like, your conk is there to please :D

Have a safe and fabulous trip.

Hi:

I'm piggy-backing on this post. We, too, are cruising to Bermuda (on the Crown in September). We have booked an AC, with "concierge available". My question is: how reliable is the concierge service. For example, if it is very, very important for us to have a reservation at one of the specialty restaurants on the first night (special occasion), can we realisticly rely upon the concierge to make this reservation for us? Or, should we just do it ourselves? From some other posts, it seems that concierge service is somewhat spotty.

Regards

Use the service. If you want a special table, ask him to get it for you. Do not tip in advance. These are professional people and it's their job to do these services for you. They will get you shore excursions, reservations, tender tickets, VIP debarkment, etc. If they make a reservation for you, they usually stop in the restaurant to make sure everything is to your liking.

There's a speed dial button on your cabin phone. You will either get the Concierge or his assistant.

The people who usually complain on these boards, have no idea of how to use these services.

Have a great cruise:)

Monty

Hi:

Regards

When we were on the Crown with Concierge service, the concierge stopped by shortly after we got to the room. The service was great. we tipped about $50.00. If its me I would try to get the reservation as soon as I got on board if its that important to me. If its a problem directly I would then use the concierge to work it out. Good luck You won't have a problem with getting a res at the Bistro, its generally pretty empty, unless they are running a half off special the first night.

Archived