Fantasy Cruisers Say Hi to Dani USA in the Spa!

Makeithappen

Our daughter Danielle is working in the Steiner Spa on the Fantasy. She started last weekend and reports she's already met several passengers from our home area Lebanon, Ohio.

She is a little homesick so I thought I'd ask our cruise critic friends to say hello to her.

Thank you!

Jill and Mike

I will be on the Fantasy in May and was looking forward to visiting the spa! What services will your daughter be offering? I would love to be able to ask for her and then say - Hey your mom and dad said HI!!:D Wouldn't she be shocked. ANyway, let me know more info!!

Hi chasekenslee,

I was hoping someone from this board would tell her hi, what a surprise that would be! When do you sail on the Fantasy? We are going to see her May 18.

She does the hair styling, coloring, cutting, and blow dry styles aboard ship. She is my hairdresser so we'll have to take a cruise every 8 to 10 weeks for a style.

I talked to her today and she said working aboard ship is quite a different experience than being a passenger, but she had no complaints. Danielle said the spa is beautifully appointed since they remodeled. Also there are 3 Danielle's working in the spa, so you'll have to mention Dani USA to make sure you have our gal.

Jill

Hello phatkittykat (what a great name),

She'll appreciate a bunch of hellos and friendly faces from home. She called me today after running out for the first time to the 'shopping area', which she had no idea where it was, but figured she'd follow the crew crowd. For sure she'll be a great traveler after this experience.

She had 2 hours before new passenger embarkation to get supplies locally, she wanted to buy hair moisturizing supplies to use on clients with damaged hair, but I don't know if she found what she was hunting for.

Thank you!

Jill

Danielle called and said people are coming up to her from cruise critic saying hello! I purposely didn't mention this blog to surprise her, and it really did.

As always the cruise critic community is the best.

Thank you.

Latest report there have been 7 cruise critic readers that have made a special stop to say hi to Danielle. One gal gave her a big hug, Danielle said it made her feel excellent.

Yesterday Danielle said the ships were held in port until 6:30 pm due to a shuttle launching, which she was able to get photos of.

When she uploads them to her webshots, I'll post the link here. She doesn't have a day off, so she has to find time to download the photos (usually this is during her bedtime or when she should be eating dinner).

This time aboard ship working has taught her how priviledged we are in America. Also she appreciates our labor laws :)

I'm supposed to mention that anyone going to the spa ask what specials they have that week, I guess they have different pricing for the specials and some offer more services for the money.

If you have questions I can forward them on to her.

We will be going on the Fantasy on the 29th! Less than a week to go! I will make sure I ask for her and get her to do my hair and nails while on the ship. I will be seeing her a week from today! Will make sure I tell her that her mom and dad sends hugs her way!!! Cheryl

HI Cheryl,

I'll tell Danielle to look for you. The first day you embark you'll see the spa employees walking around the ship and spa area greeting passengers. There are three Danielles in the spa. Our Danielle is a tall blonde american. Gosh I wish I was going with you!

Have a great time, looking forward to your trip report and I'm wishing blue skys and calm seas.

We will be on the Fantasy May 13. I do not plan on getting my hair or nails done, maybe a massage, but I will visit the spa and say Hi!! It looks like you will be getting on the ship the day we get off:mad: !!!! I know your daughter will be so excited to see you.

Could you please ask Dani- do they have "better specials" on port days?? On RCC last year they had specials for limited services that were only available during port times. Those prices were very comparable to our spa prices at home. just wondering if I should wait and see the specials during port days before I book:D Thanks

Here's to Dani having smooth seas, warm days and "generous" clients!

If Carnival brings the Fantasy back to New Orleans (in place of the Sensation), we will definately be sailing on her again. But that will be awhile.

The "Spa" gals do a wonderful job. Maybe one day we will get the opportunity to meet her.

Good job Mom!!

I know the Fantasy will come back to New Orleans in October. If they keep the posted schedule October 26 will be the first New Orleans sailing for 4 and 5 day sailings. The four day will go to Cozumel and back and the five day will see Playa and Cozumel OR Costa Maya and Cozumel then back to NOLA.

Will let you know when I talk to her again about specials, she should be able to talk to me tomorrow while in Port Canaveral.

Danielle has lived the last three years in the houses students rent near OSU. The last year she lived in lovely German Village.

Mike (hubby) went to Bishop Hartley high school and spent 8 years at OSU. What part of Columbus are you all from?

Jill

Danielle has lived the last three years in the houses students rent near OSU. The last year she lived in lovely German Village.

Mike (hubby) went to Bishop Hartley high school and spent 8 years at OSU. What part of Columbus are you all from?

Jill

Hey Jill, We are from the Worthington area just North of Columbus. My DS almost went to OSU but decided to go to BGSU. He will be a freshman in the fall! Wow do they grow up fast!

Glenn

Jill,

You have a beautiful daughter. I had the pleasure of having her cut my hair on her 3rd day onboard. I know she is anxiously awaiting your visit (and just not just because you are bringing her clothes.) Say "Hi" to her from me.

Rod

Sorry I havent been on the boards in a while ( busy with holiday)but did see your message(thank you). Was wondering if you could ask your daughter what kind of stuff would crew members like (besides money) as little thank you type gifts?

Chasekenslee asked about specials in the spa and when I spoke to Danielle today I asked her about any specials. She said port days the spa offers specials and usually the last full day at sea there will some specials.

Hope this helps.

Phatkittykat, I probably won't get to talk with Danielle until Saturday, but when I do I'll ask her your question. I know international phone cards are hot items, will see if there is anything else.

Archived