Fantasy Cruisers Say Hi to Dani USA in the Spa!

Makeithappen

I forgot to mention the raffle. Danielle said they offer some great items at the Raffle which is I think 3:00 pm the first day at sea in the Spa. Some of the things they raffle are massages, pedicure, manicure, barber cut with face massage-I think I remembered everything she mentioned.

Oh phatkittykat, Danielle did mention the one thing that the folks in her spa (and she guesses the rest of the crew, too) appreciate is passengers mentioning any staff members name on the comments cards given out at the end of the cruise.

These cards are VERY important to the crew. For example, in the Spa anyone whose name is mentioned on a comment card favorably gets 15 minutes free time.

This is a free gift you can give to staff and crew that means a great deal!

Well put, Free Time is golden!

We've always tried to write down our favorite bartender, waiter, cabin steward on the cards, but from here on out I'm going to put extra effort in it knowing what a difference it can make for a crew member who works long hours with little perks.

Hi Margaret,

I will forward your email to Danielle but I am doubtful she'll have the time to chat via email. She literally doesn't have the time, and she has to pay so much a minute (I think 10 to 20 cents) to email.

Maybe I can pass on some questions that you have, and I'll try to answer the ones I know the answer to. I went with her to the Atlanta Steiner interview in January. They have another recruitment coming up I think in May in several US locations. You can look online http://www.steinerleisure.com for more info.

I'll look forward to talking to you.

Jill

Hi Mikey1958,

I hope you get the haircut from Danielle, it'll be the best haircut you have ever received.

Maybe we'll see you aboard the ship or in the salon as we are going in less than 2 weeks, too.

Jill

My wife and I are probably going to look into a couples massage when we cruise the Fantasy on June 15th. I'll be sure to look for her when we go in the salon to book it.

We live in Dublin, northwest side of Columbus. I work in the Clintonville area in real estate so I'm real familiar with the campus housing market. Tell her to look out for me. I think every t-shirt I own has Ohio State on the front of it. I haven't missed a home game in years! Go Bucks!

Steve

Hi Steve,

I'll tell Danielle to be on the outlook for an Ohioian with OSU t-shirts. She had the morning in port free today and headed to Walmart, she was looking for an OSU pin to wear on her uniform, I think maybe she is homesick. I know I'm 'danielle-sick', but I've only a little over a week until we are on the ship.

It's funny, I have no plans for the ports or the ship, just when I can see our daughter. I may have no hair by the end of the cruise if I get a haircut every day.

I didn't realize you were going that soon. May 18 is just around the corner! You really need to take her some Buckeye gear to help her show off that Buckeye pride.

I'll be really interested to hear how your trip went. I'm sure you'll get to see some behind-the-scenes stuff when you spend time with Dani. Anytime she's not working, she'll have to show you around.

Anyway, relax and enjoy yourself. Be sure to give us a review when you get back.

Hi Steve,

We have a OSU pin to take to Danielle. She reports that many of the regular cruise critic family have taken time to say hi to her, which helps as she is extremely homesick right now.

Can't believe we'll be at the airport a week from right now.

I'll report back on the ship, anything special you want to know about? I do hope we can see some behind the scenes on the ship.

Jill

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Steve,

We did get a 'behind the scenes look' and it wasn't pretty. Lots of long hours and lonely people. Danielle is glad to be home. She is hunting for apartments and jobs in the Columbus area. If you have any leads on inexpensive apartments we'd appreciate a heads up.

Enjoy your cruise.

Jill

Hi Steve,

We did get a 'behind the scenes look' and it wasn't pretty. Lots of long hours and lonely people. Danielle is glad to be home. She is hunting for apartments and jobs in the Columbus area. If you have any leads on inexpensive apartments we'd appreciate a heads up.

Enjoy your cruise.

Jill

Does this mean Dani will no longer be working on the Fantasy? If she's looking for an inexpensive apartment in Columbus, I may be able to help her. It depends on where she wants to live in/around the city. Does she want to be near the OSU/Clintonville area? Or is she looking at some of the suburbs like Grandview, German Village, Dublin, Worthington, etc...?

Also, the apartment size and her price range are other factors.

I'd be happy to point her in the right direction if nothing else. Just let me know.

Hi Steve,

She'd like a small effieciency close to downtown. A one bedroom effieciency would be fine, the opperative word is inexpensive. She prefers German Village, Victorian Village (first choice), Grandview as long as it is in safe area (east of Olentangy), Downtown area works the very best due to working and trying to work there.

You can contact me at j i ll . mi ll er @ cr u i singdoc . com (have to string it together) for more information about the ship, the security.

Thank you Steve.

Archived