Your Opinion: Is Celebrities Customer Service AFTER the Cruise as Good as on Board?

tuggers

Do you believe this to be a true statement? If so, please tell us why and give examples. If you believe customer service after the cruise is as good as on the cruise, please explain why.

I'll start. My experience has been that the staff on board will turn themselves inside out to make things right and to make sure you have a good time. However if you ever have a problem that can not be solved on the ship or something comes up after your cruise, you are toast! IMO, they have one of the worst land based customer service departments I've ever seen. But as is usual, you know what rolls down hill. In the last half year I have seen a lack of care and response from the executives of this company. If they don't care about their customers, why would a $7 or $8 per hour customer service rep give a darn?

So sad to see our beloved X heading down this road.

Do you believe this to be a true statement? If so, please tell us why and give examples. If you believe customer service after the cruise is as good as on the cruise, please explain why.

I'll start. My experience has been that the staff on board will turn themselves inside out to make things right and to make sure you have a good time. However if you ever have a problem that can not be solved on the ship or something comes up after your cruise, you are toast! IMO, they have one of the worst land based customer service departments I've ever seen. But as is usual, you know what rolls down hill. In the last half year I have seen a lack of care and response from the executives of this company. If they don't care about their customers, why would a $7 or $8 per hour customer service rep give a darn?

So sad to see our beloved X heading down this road.

I've never had a issue with service before/during/after my cruises. Some things did pop up and after I addressed them they were handled to my satisfaction.

Please expalin the problem you had and what reason the crew of that ship gave you as to why they could not resolve it while you were onboard?

I totally agree with Tuggers statement. We had many negative experiences on board the Zenith which we brought to the attention of their offices in Miami and in all honesty I felt they couldn't have cared less. I sent X a three paged letter detailing every problem only to receive a "sorry to hear of your negative experiences, hope to see you again in the future" response. I posted those experiences on this web site back when it happened and many loyal X cruisers dismissed what I was saying at the time. In all honesty I have found RCCL land based customer service to be better than X's, as strange as that statement may sound since the same company owns both cruise lines.

I've never had a issue with service before/during/after my cruises. Some things did pop up and after I addressed them they were handled to my satisfaction.

Please expalin the problem you had and what reason the crew of that ship gave you as to why they could not resolve it while you were onboard?

Maybe if you had an issue "during", you would better understand our complaints with the "after"

I called Celebrity when we got home in Feb. 06 ( 2 days after trip) we had CC class and we had bad service, my husband never met the cabin attendant and I only met him one or 2 times when I went and looked for him. When we would come in the cabin at night and have a glass or plate of treats with us the glass and plate would be there til the next night at turn down service. One day he did not clean up the cabin til turn down time and 0 towels were left. So when we can home and I told my TA she said I should call Celebrity so I did. The lady I talked to was very nice she said I should have called housekeeping on the boat at the time I told her I was uncomfortable about calling when I was on the boat because the attendant would be in my cabin when we were not there. She said I should not worry about that but understood my thinking. Long story short Celebary sent us $150.00 each for a future cruise. I do think they care and the next time I would go to housekeeping I think.

No Kidding. :eek:

We were on the Zenith last month which happened to be a Spring Break Cruise. That shouldn't have been much of a problem except that the Celebrity staff allowed the kids to take over the ship and break every rule that the rest of us usually go by.

I called the Captains Club when we got home to let them know just how abusive these kids were to the staff and how we in turn had a cruise that we just couldn't wait to get off of. I was told in no uncertain terms that the kids had as much right to be on the ship as we did. Yes they did, but I was left wondering why Celebrity was catering to kids that probably won't be back while loyal passengers were being subjected to a cruise from hell.

I agree with Kewlguy. RCL has a much better land based support system which is why we have booked our next b/b on the Mariner. Actually we were on the Radiance right before the Zenith and RCL treats their repeat guests especially well. No dinner at the Captains table but the free drinks and meeting new friends in the Concerierge Club more than made up for that.

Being talked to rudely by someone who didn't even listen to an actual complaint is what made us change cruiselines. :rolleyes:

I have to say that our experience with RCCL was no better on or off the ship last year. We were on the Mariner and the kids (ages 13-17) ran the whole ship...taking the numbers out of the elevators, taking room service tags off of cabin doors (after we went to bed at 2 a.m.), holding elevators out of service, generally running wild, etc. I work at a school and LOVE kids so that is not the issue. However, when adults complained both on the ship and after the cruise RCCL basically blew us off. Don't know if it's just a problem having to do with those huge ships, but we are regular cruisers on Celebrity and RCCL and we have made a decision not to sail that type of ship again since RCCL apparently feels the revenue offsets middle age adult passenger comfort. At least by their reply to the 4 couples who were in our party.

:D When we got back from our February Mercury cruise, I noticed on my bank statement that we were charged more for our onboard expense account than the statement we got on the last day of the cruise. I called Celebrity's toll-free number and asked them about it. The amount added up to the items in the mini-bar in our cabin. We had our cabin steward remove these items. Celebrity explained that after we left the ship that the steward's assistant probably saw that the items were missing and charged us for them. (Who knows?) Anyway, the person I spoke with promply issued a refund to my checking account.

We just got back from our recent cruise and I noticed that the charge on our credit card from the cruise was higher than our final statement. I called Celebrity, learned that the charge was from an appointment that we had canceled well in advance from the Agua Spa and the Celebrity customer service immediately removed it from the bill and issued the credit. He was as helpful as the wonderful customer service that we received from those on board the ship. At least in my case, I received great customer service from all of those that we have dealt with from Celebrity.

Keith

I have been lucky enough to never need after the cruise service. After reading alot of the postings on this board I have noted that X customer Service ( before and after) tends to be a little lacking. Fortunately for them they usually get it right the first time and thats that. Because of that I would continue cruising because I have had enough favorable experiences and would have faith that that would be the norm.

They have always been very good in answering questions before the cruise.We have always had any problems sorted quickly whilst on board and as we always sort out any problems as they happen, we have never had the need of their services after the cruise.

Maybe if you had an issue "during", you would better understand our complaints with the "after"

I guess I've been lucky. But I have never had any major issues. But will admit whats major to some is minor or no problem to others. :) ;)

Actually, As a big Celebrity fan, I will say that all of our Celebrity expieriences have been top notch until our last 5 day Zenith cruise in March. It should be stated that if you don't want to take a cruise with 300 spring breakers, don't take a short cruise in March. Our cruises in the past have always been 10 days at this exact time of the year. Sorry but we really didn't expect the kids to take over casual dining in bathingsuits, we also didn't expect the kids to take over the whole pool experience, the whole pool bar and certainly not the whole Casual DiningRoom, which they did.

Just for fun, could we have a vote on who wants to adopt the next Mexican family?? That also means giving a good home and the promise of a job. Personally, I think that should take the charletons off the internet who are promising the good life. Who is the enemy.

Archived