Captain of the QM2

stugots

Here's some information on Captain Bernard Warner from a previous thread on Cunard Captains.

Originally posted by APH

CAPTAIN BERNARD WARNER

Captain Bernard Warner was born in Bardsey, Yorkshire in the North of England in 1949 and has wanted to work at sea ever since a small child when he and his father went fishing at Sandsend near Whitby during the summer holidays.

Interestingly, Captain Warner hails from a seafaring family as Sir Thomas Warner was the first British person to land on the Caribbean island of St Kitts and became their first Governor General in 1625.

He joined P&O as a Deck Cadet in 1966, sailing on his first ship, a 7,000 ton cargo-vessel, in the Far-East. He trained at the Warsash School of Navigation, Hampshire and joined his first passenger vessel, the original Oriana, in 1969. He moved to the original Island Princess as a Second Officer in 1976 and has sailed exclusively on cruise ships ever since.

He gained his Masters Certificate in 1975 and achieved promotion to Captain aboard the original Island Princess in 1994, sailing in the Far-East and South-America. He has also served in command of the original Pacific Princess in the Mediterranean, the Royal Princess in the Baltic, New England and Panama Canal, the Dawn Princess in the Caribbean and Alaska and the Grand Princess exclusively in the Caribbean. He was appointed Captain of Diamond Princess for her 2004 launch and brought out Golden Princess at the time of her 2001 debut.

Captain Warner currently resides in the English village of Leak-Wooton near Warwick with his wife Tina, whom he married in 1988 and two sons, Tom and Charlie. When on leave, he enjoys spending time in the countryside. Fly-fishing for trout has always been a passion and his wife’s rapidly increasing golf skills means he always has to keep his eye on the ball.

Cruiserking

• 1 month later...
Capt.Warner married my husband and me in 2002 aboard the Golden Princess. He was extremely nice..gave us a wonderful tour and joined us for dinner.

He married BOTH of you? Is that legal where you're from? You're not from Utah, are you? <G>

Karie,who apologizes in advance. Sometimes I just can't help myself. When the opportunity presents itself, I simply pounce!

(P.S. congrats- I hope it has been/will be a long and fruitful marriage!)

Archived