South Beach for 1 day - ideas?

BMorris111

My DH and I will be arriving at the Blue Moon Hotel in South Beach around 1:00 p.m. on Friday and we sail out of Miami the following day. So, does anyone have any ideas on what to do while we are in the South Beach area. We have never been before and we want to see as much as we can in a short period of time.

We are a couple in our 40s. We love to eat and drink!! We will not have a car.

Suggestions? Ideas? Recommendations?

Thx in advance.

My DH and I will be arriving at the Blue Moon Hotel in South Beach around 1:00 p.m. on Friday and we sail out of Miami the following day. So, does anyone have any ideas on what to do while we are in the South Beach area. We have never been before and we want to see as much as we can in a short period of time.

Thx in advance.

Firstly, put your bathing suits on and a cute coverup.

Next, walk down 9th Street to Ocean Drive to the walkway between Lummus Park and the ocean. Walk up the boardwalk to the Delano hotel and go to the pool bar and have a mojito. Unless there is someone famous hanging out by the pool you will not have any problems getting in (the Delano is on 16th and Collins Avenue).

From there, exit through the front door (the lobby is a do not miss) and walk 1/2 a block north to the Lincoln Road Mall. Great outdoor pedestrian mall with great outdoor shopping and dining.

From there, walk down Collins Avenue to 8th and Collins and enter The Hotel. Take the elevator to the top floor and either have a drink at the rooftop pool or the rooftop bar. The bar may not be open but if so, you are in luck because the pool is very cool and has one of the most breathtaking views of South Beach and the ocean.

From there, walk down 8th to Ocean Drive (yes you are making a big circle) and walk up Ocean Drive to 10th Street and The Clevelander Hotel for Happy Hour. It is an all outside bar with a good happy hour from 4-7PM.

You can do this loop in any order you like but you'll have a great time, have some great drinks, see some great deco hotels, and do some serious people watching.

Have fun!

BlueHerons<--Who spends more time in South Beach than she should!

• 2 weeks later...

I am arriving at midnight Saturday, and wish to stay in South Beach for the night before my Sunday cruise. Question is, do I have enough time on a Sunday AM to do a little shopping/people watching before I board at about 2:00 for the 4:00 sail time? I am wondering what time the shops generally open to see if it even worth staying there. I am flying into FLL, but may decide to stay in South Beach for this purpose only.

Thx in advance.

go to wet willies, grab a big icy drink, talk a walk on the beach, then rent a couple of chairs and relax, because South Beach doesn't close until 5 am. Never need a car, just keep walking down Ocean Drive and stop at the bars - the clevelander, mangos, up to collins to senor frogs, never a boring minute. A side walk cafe and bar every few feet.

• 3 weeks later...
im twenty. what is there to do in southbeach for me? my boyfriend and i are staying there when our cruise gets back on june 19th. seems like most places are bars?? any good 18+ places??

You can only go in restaurants that have bars as Miami has a law against anyone under the age of 21 in a bar. That is why you never see paparazzi photos of underage celebs in places like Mansion, Rok Bar, Mynt, Sky Bar etc. because the law is strictly enforced.

You can only go in restaurants that have bars as Miami has a law against anyone under the age of 21 in a bar. That is why you never see paparazzi photos of underage celebs in places like Mansion, Rok Bar, Mynt, Sky Bar etc. because the law is strictly enforced.

thats what i figured.. but some bigger towns let everything slide... like los angeles... looks like i'l be cracking out the ole fakie for vacation then : ] thanks a bunch.. oh yes.. what about any good tattoo shops in the area??

thats what i figured.. but some bigger towns let everything slide... like los angeles... looks like i'l be cracking out the ole fakie for vacation then : ] thanks a bunch.. oh yes.. what about any good tattoo shops in the area??

LA used to be laid back about underage drinking but no more. Law enforcement is now enforcing the law. Now notice you never see photos of Lindsey Lohan or the Oslen sisters drinking in bars in LA.

Archived