First night on Adventure

I know the ship doesn't leave port until 10pm. I have only sailed on ships that leave at 5pm, so I was wondering:

1) Is dinner served in the dining room that night?

2) When is muster?

3) Is there a show in the theater that night?

4) Does your luggage get delivered to your room during the day if you check in, or do they wait to deliver it until evening?

5) Is the ship "open for business" during the afternoon and evening, or do we have to wait until the next day to enjoy the ship?

Sorry for all the questions.....I obsess over details!!!;)

1) Yes

2) We had it the next morning (arrived Superbowl Sunday) but I've heard it's normally between the dinner seatings.

3) Yes

4) Our luggage was there by 4PM

5) We arrived around 1PM and got right on the ship and the Windjammer was open for business. Access to the cabins was restricted until 1:30PM or 2PM - if memory serves.

We sailed 4/2/06 -

Dinner was served the first night in the dinning room. We had the late seating and I believe it was served at 9pm instead of 8:30. The early one is at 6:30. We actually ate in the Windjammer that night.

Muster was at 8:30pm and our luggage was in our room when returned from muster. However we did not unpack until later as sailing away out of San Juan at 10pm was a beautiful sight and should not be missed. From 9:30 - 11 is the Sail Away Party on the Pool deck.

When then went to a show at 10:45 and then the World of Adventure Parade in the Royal Promenade at midnight

You will have a wonderful time!

They won’t let you miss the muster drill, so no worries there! :D As far as the sail away and late dinner, I think you’ll need to make a choice. Can you order room service on the first night?

That's a great point about the room service! We have a balcony, so perhaps room service and eating on our balcony is a great option (if it is an option - LOL)!!!! Unfortunately I don't think they'll take my excuse as a valid one to get out of the Muster drill. And my problem really lies within dinner and sailaway. Perhaps I could just leave the dining room with my plate at 9:55 and head up to deck 11 or 12 for sailaway and the rest of my dinner. Then I could save money on the tip b/c I only ate half a meal in the dining room that night!!! HAHAHA! JUST KIDDING!!! The room service idea is a great option though if it is available!

What about eating at Portofino's on the first night? You should be able to eat at an earlier time if it's available. Just a thought, I haven't been on Adventure yet, but have been reading a lot!

That's great - I hadn't considered that! I sure wish they had a Chops on board! (I know - I am so spoiled!!!!!)

Perhaps I could just leave the dining room with my plate at 9:55 and head up to deck 11 or 12 for sailaway and the rest of my dinner. !

I was on Adventure back in March (I LOVED this ship). Muster Drill was about 8:30. Late seating was at 9. We did not leave on time and I was just getting up to the deck in time for sailaway. I think you will make it, but if the boat starts moving just excuse yourself and head up. This was my first cruise and I loved the excitement of watching the lights of San Juan disappear :D

They won’t let you miss the muster drill, so no worries there! :D As far as the sail away and late dinner, I think you’ll need to make a choice. Can you order room service on the first night?
IIRC, room service wasn't available until Breakfast Monday.

Hi,

Just wondering...:confused:

What side is the best to be on for the "sail away" if you are watching from your balcony?

Is there a "best" side for the cruise?

For the ports?

For sailaway from San Juan, the Starboard side has the view of Old San Juan and the fort.

Archived