Cincque Terra

mike35

DW and I would like to plan an O cruise next summer, where we would have the opportunity to visit Cincque Terra for a full day. Has anyone done that from one of the scheduled ports in Italy? I read the recent thread with the same subject, but I don't recall seeing a response from anyone who as actually visited CT as a part of a planned port call. Livorno was mentioned, but the itineraries I've been able to locate only spend from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. there (one day only), which would mean we would have to miss Florence (one of our favorite cities in Italy).

Mike

I had looked at this cruise, but decided against it for a few reasons: (1) we prefer a 14 or 15 day cruise, (2) we would like to begin or end in Barcelona - one of our favorite European cities, and (3) we visited the Greek and Croatia ports last year on Insignia's Istanbul to Athens cruise. But thanks a bunch for pointing it out.

Mike

We went to Cinque Terra a few years ago, while sailing on the Windsurf. We were docked in Portovenere. Most people did excursions to Florence or Pisa, but we opted to take the ferry. There were several a day in each direction. We took it to one of the towns and then hiked along the path to another one where we had lunch and then caught a ferry back. This had to be one of our favorite days in Europe.

I did some more research and learned that it's an easy "jaunt" from Portofino to Cincque Terra. We'll either book the 6/23/07 Insignia or 6/28/07 Nautica from Venice to Barcelona - both have identical itineraries, and both spend all day in Portofino, where we'll catch a ferry to CT.

Mike

Archived