??? about concierage level

cruisnfool

It has been several years since I sailed with Celebrity and now looking at the Constellation. We had an aft "A" on Infinity. They instituted the conceriege class after I sailed.

Did they make the rooms on the aft bigger?....some said they had bathtubs and we did not....

Also it appears that all the afts are concerirge.....is this true?

Thanks in advance....

Mabel

The cabins have not changed sizewise, nor have bathtubs been added. Concierge Class simply refers to upgraded amenities as listed on X's website.

CC staterooms are 20 sq feet larger than standard balconies.

It has been several years since I sailed with Celebrity and now looking at the Constellation. We had an aft "A" on Infinity. They instituted the conceriege class after I sailed.

Did they make the rooms on the aft bigger?....some said they had bathtubs and we did not....

Also it appears that all the afts are concerirge.....is this true?

Thanks in advance....

Mabel

The aft A that you had in the past is the same size now. No structural changes were make.

There are no bath tubs in any of the CC cabins.

The 2 outside cabins on each side facing aft on deck 7, 8 and 9 are FV cabins, which do not have the CC amenities.

CC staterooms are 20 sq feet larger than standard balconies.

Only on Millenium class ships. On the Zenith and Century class ships, they are the same size. Moreover, on Galaxy and Mercury, they took the balcony cabins in less desirable locations and made them the CC cabins! Brilliant marketing.

Yes I noticed those but I'm sure they won't put 2 people in those......I was hoping for an aft that wasn't concierge class.....

Celebrity will allow two people in a FV depending on whether or not it's a sailing during a peak period (school holidays in particular). If it's a long-ish cruise such as a Transatlantic it shouldn't be too much of a problem talking an agent into booking one.

The FV typically costs more to book than a CC, 'course. Having spent two weeks in cabin 7199 on Constellation, I can say that it is absolutely worth the extra money over CC. I can do without the wilted flowers and fruit, and we got the robes anyway.

Moreover, on Galaxy and Mercury, they took the balcony cabins in less desirable locations and made them the CC cabins! Brilliant marketing.
OK, now I am worried again. I'll admit I am a novice, but I was excited about the room we chose on Mercury. It's 1022 on the starboard side closer to the front of the ship. We chose this because our last room was on the port side about half way back and we were looking for a *different view* so to speak.

Have I made a bad choice? If so, what should I do? What is the best room to have on Mercury (that is not a suite)?

OK, now I am worried again. I'll admit I am a novice, but I was excited about the room we chose on Mercury. It's 1022 on the starboard side closer to the front of the ship. We chose this because our last room was on the port side about half way back and we were looking for a *different view* so to speak.

Have I made a bad choice? If so, what should I do? What is the best room to have on Mercury (that is not a suite)?

Please don't be worried; I did not mean to imply that the cabins were undesirable. I twice cruised on her sister ship, Galaxy, in a balcony cabin before there was a CC class. The difference in location is very minor. Indeed, I am booked in a CC cabin on Mercury for the October repositioning cruise, and am greatly looking forward to it. As far as I am concerned, there are no bad balcony or CC cabins on Mercury.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cruisnfool

Yes I noticed those but I'm sure they won't put 2 people in those......I was hoping for an aft that wasn't concierge class.....

Celebrity will allow two people in a FV depending on whether or not it's a sailing during a peak period (school holidays in particular). If it's a long-ish cruise such as a Transatlantic it shouldn't be too much of a problem talking an agent into booking one.

The FV typically costs more to book than a CC, 'course. Having spent two weeks in cabin 7199 on Constellation, I can say that it is absolutely worth the extra money over CC. I can do without the wilted flowers and fruit, and we got the robes anyway.

quote.gif

Yes. I'm sailing in a FV cabin in a couple of weeks with only one other person. In fact, it's cabin 7199 (on the Summit, not the Constellation). Davey, is there anything interesting you can tell me about that fantastic cabin? From the aft corner, how much visibility do you have of the scenery on the port side of the ship (I can't tell if there is a wall there or if it is ophen). I've never seen one of these cabins, but it looked like a good floorplan...

Archived