If I book directly

slotaddict

Yes, depending on the conditions of the sale you can usually get the credit or use the new price to upgrade. Some conditions that may not permit a credit are if they are Happy Hour specials for new bookings, residency discounts that aren't for your area or if it is to far after final payment (I've gotten some right after final payment, but they usually won't do it after the full cancellation period has lapsed).

YOu can always transfer the booking to a regular TA but if yours isn't returning calls now, you may not want them to get the booking anyway.

thanks, I have a group going and the price is right, I don't want the price to go up before the TA decides to return my call. Its not a special sale. Thanks for the input.

Hi Slot !

You can take a shot and give X a call, but I am pretty sure they wont talk to you, once they see it is booked through a TA.

If I were you, I would call the TA again. If the TA does not take the call, insist on speaking with a supervisor. The TA is the only one who can make changes to the booking.

Please let us know what happens. I hope you get the reduction.

Hi Slot !

You can take a shot and give X a call, but I am pretty sure they wont talk to you, once they see it is booked through a TA.

If I were you, I would call the TA again. If the TA does not take the call, insist on speaking with a supervisor. The TA is the only one who can make changes to the booking.

Please let us know what happens. I hope you get the reduction.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like the OP has not booked it yet. He is inquiring about booking it now and what happens if the price goes down later. If it is not booked, he can certainly call Celebrity direct and take care of booking it for all parties included.

Celebrity is notoriously one of the worst group departments to work with..be careful!!! Even agents with alot of group experience pull their hair out working with them. Their invoicing, and pricing is next to impossible to figure out. Trying to read and figure out their group financial status reports takes time and alot of phone calls. I would not recommend someone who is not experienced with a group cruise to even attempt to work with the group department. Get a GOOD TA involved! This is not a reflection on Celebrity cruises at all...I love them..just the group department.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like the OP has not booked it yet. He is inquiring about booking it now and what happens if the price goes down later. If it is not booked, he can certainly call Celebrity direct and take care of booking it for all parties included.

Hi Joel !

Well, as I read the OP, it can be taken 2 ways. I assumed since he said he had a group going, that he already has a booking in place. If that is the case, then my answer was correct.

If Slot does not have a booking yet, he can book it directly with Celebrity, and leave it there, OR turn it over to his TA. With that said, if their TA is so hard to reach, I would not give the TA the courtesy of earning the commission. I would be looking for another TA :)

Slot, please let us know what happens.

Ok, I haven;t booked yet, I am giving TA until 12:00 today to return my call. Then I will either go directly to Celebrity or another agency, I was in a site on the internet called CruCon, anyone ever used them? Any feedback.

Also, slotaddict is not a male name. It is female. I do not take offense it is a gender neutral name:D

This'll probably get kicked off as an inappropriate post, but I have tried unsuccessfully at least 3 times over maybe 2 yrs. to book w/crucon and not once did it ever work. For one thing, they were always "too busy" to get back to me within the "sale time" - even when I called and there was 3 days left! I even requested that someone contact me right away so I could book. But I won't go into the rest of it. The times I was able to even talk to a person (just to be told someone else would call me back) they didn't seem to have a CLUE about anything! This never happens w/any other T/As, cruiselines, or discount agencies I've dealt with.

This'll probably get kicked off as an inappropriate post, but I have tried unsuccessfully at least 3 times over maybe 2 yrs. to book w/crucon and not once did it ever work. For one thing, they were always "too busy" to get back to me within the "sale time" - even when I called and there was 3 days left! I even requested that someone contact me right away so I could book. But I won't go into the rest of it. The times I was able to even talk to a person (just to be told someone else would call me back) they didn't seem to have a CLUE about anything! This never happens w/any other T/As, cruiselines, or discount agencies I've dealt with.

I booked my last two cruises there and have not had the problem you have experinced. If I email I will get a note back within the next 24 hours. If I call i got a call back the same day--depending on the time I call.

This agency is not working weekends.. and is done work by 4pm.

I would ask for a supervisor and let them know you are not happy.

I have at times used some online agencies, never had a problem, never did use them though. However my TA's back in town so we are booked. She told me about GAP points for booking a group, anyone have any idea what kind of things they offer, she mentioned maybe cocktail party, or gift, but she said the list of things they offer was big, I guess you get to choose what you want? I've been part of a group before, but was never actually the leader.

Points work according to sailing. Each sailing is given so many points. Depending on how many people/cabins are are booking will determine the rate.

Gettting the cheapest price possible lowers the rate some. Taking the "todays" price gives you more points.

a free coctail party for 16 people-- ya share a party with all the groups onboard- For our group there were 6 groups onboard but only my group and a handful of people from one other group showed up. Its an hour of free drinks and cold orderves-- think pepperidge farm fish crackers..it was fun.

then other amenites are like a free bottle of wine in the cabin. OR photo credit. OR free drink coupons OR free strawberries.

The biggies is getting one free berth for 16 paid people in 8 cabins. Still have to pay the taxes and port charges.

Archived