Complimentary Toiletries

Jamie.RN

Seems like I recently read that shampoo, conditioner, and soap are provided free-of-charge in your cabin daily. Is that correct? I'm trying to eliminate as much as possible from my suitcase. (we'll be on the Island Princess)

Some people really love the lotus spa brand, I found that it made my hair look flat and dull. I take my own shampoo and conditioner in the cheap travel containers that can be found in almost every where: k-mart, target, wal-mart, drug stores and even some grocery stores. For extra leak proofing I put the containers in a zip lock plastic bag. I also didn't like the lotion, the scent clashed with my perfume. But that's just my opinion.

Are they in the small paper containers that you have to rip open, then can't close after use. That's the one drawback I found with the toiletries.

depends on your room

Mini Suite and above they are in little bottles. My wife loves the lotion. I told the cabin steward that and I asked her if I could buy them on the ship and she said not to worry....we had I think 10 bottles of lotion in our room the last night. We had an awesome cabin steward. Of course all it takes I think it to treat them like a human being and try to keep your room somewhat clean and they will love you. I heard one couple say something that was so mean to our cabin steward it almost made her cry......with the couple half way down the hall I said to it ok siwan I think your the best cabin steward on the ship. I wasn't trying to earn any "brownie" points but I think it helped.

Archived