Dolphin help needed on RCCL

:( Ok so i will be travling with my wife in on june 18 freedom of the seas. We were both looking forward to doing the royal dolphin swim through shoretrips.com at Chankanaab park. it was spose to open in may but has been pushed back to at least june 28. thinking of doing the ships excursion but i herd theres is not as good and it takes 40 mins to get to..... any experience advice.... thanks

Put your mind at ease, the dolphin swim company that runs the the program in Chankannab has a tremendous alternative site in Playa Del Carmen. The duration is longer, a ferry ride is involved, but the site and lunch provided is outstanding. We've done both, with Chankannab last year and the alternative site this March.

We took the high speed tender right from the ship, there was no need to go to the dock in Cozumel. One side of the ship was for shore excursions to Playa, and one side was for the tenders to the dock. I strongly suggest you book this online, as it was completely sold out before we boarded the ship.

You can view the dolphin swim and the great resort that surrounds the lagoon at my Webshots site at

http://community.webshots.com/user/blusry

We do miss Chankannab, and hope it will be completed for our trip back in November. Cozumel has much to offer!

Enjoy your trip.

Well my dh & I did it twice, both on our own. I actually wrote to RCCL and asked them why they didn't have this as an excursion since the other lines had. RCCL at the time only had the dolphin encounter.

It took us about 20 minutes, we booked it at 10:00 am and were done by 12:30. Got off the ship at 9:00 was there in plenty of time for our swim. I highly recommend it to anyone and if I were doing it again, I would do it with the ship, just for the convenience of not having to catch a taxi and worrying about the time. It is up to you but it is well worth the money. They do allow you to take pictures so make sure you take a waterproof camera.

Have fun. BTW, I can't swim and I still did it. Would be better if I could swim but I am just letting you know how safe it is. The dolphins were AWESOME. :)

Archived