Dinning room attire

panurse

But if the jeans are expensive they are OK right??:D

Bill

Any jeans over $150.00 are Okay in the dining rooms of all cruise ships on formal night. However, you must leave the tag on, preferably with a tiny size next to said tag.

Ok if I must I will wear me "Seven" jeans .

Men...That is not the size it is the make .lol

True Religion is also acceptable. As are any vintage pair of Levis found on a long dead miners butt.

(you just know someone is going to come along and think I'm serious don't you.)

Any jeans over $150.00 are Okay in the dining rooms of all cruise ships on formal night. However, you must leave the tag on, preferably with a tiny size next to said tag.

Is this rule new? I never heard of having to leave the tag on? I guess a lot of people just wore regular levis and tried to pass them off as expensive jeans and ruined it for everybody.:(

One rule I know was just implented recently was that there had to be at least 2 rips in the jeans, preferably at the knees.

Bill

I think Diet Coke just came out my nose.

Seriously here folks. While I appreciate that people do not wish to dress up on formal night disparaging the people who do is just as rude as people disparaging the ones who don't. There are alternatives for those who elect to take a pass on the formal meal and those are quite good from what I understand.

There are lines that are optional for formal night. I believe, don't quote me, NCL is one of them.

Putting on a pretty dress and looking nice is not a throwback to the prom for me, or anyone else. Maybe my wedding when my husband looks great. I have been wearing formal dresses on cruise ships since I was in my teens, so it's not about retro anything.

Looking my best is not about trotting out a fantasy of someone I never was. It's about feeling good now. Since people of all classes do dress up it has nothing to do with the amount of money people make.

Do I prefer people to dress? Yes. Am I going to ignore you or make cracks if you don't? What would be the point?

One piece of advice- try on your "formal wear" before leaving home. One of my table mates on my recent cruise started to get dressed for formal night in a dress she hadn't worn since her last cruise and discovered to her horror that she no longer fit into the dress. She wore a silk top and white pants and looked perfectly fine, but you could tell she was upset.

One piece of advice- try on your "formal wear" before leaving home. One of my table mates on my recent cruise started to get dressed for formal night in a dress she hadn't worn since her last cruise and discovered to her horror that she no longer fit into the dress. She wore a silk top and white pants and looked perfectly fine, but you could tell she was upset.

Isn't it awfwul when clothes get too big like that? :o

I think Diet Coke just came out my nose.

Seriously here folks. While I appreciate that people do not wish to dress up on formal night disparaging the people who do is just as rude as people disparaging the ones who don't. There are alternatives for those who elect to take a pass on the formal meal and those are quite good from what I understand.

There are lines that are optional for formal night. I believe, don't quote me, NCL is one of them.

Putting on a pretty dress and looking nice is not a throwback to the prom for me, or anyone else. Maybe my wedding when my husband looks great. I have been wearing formal dresses on cruise ships since I was in my teens, so it's not about retro anything.

Looking my best is not about trotting out a fantasy of someone I never was. It's about feeling good now. Since people of all classes do dress up it has nothing to do with the amount of money people make.

Do I prefer people to dress? Yes. Am I going to ignore you or make cracks if you don't? What would be the point?

Well said !!! Some people get so hung up on dress code on here .

Archived