renesaince island or depalm island

destinydog

I'm going to have to vote for Renaissance.

It has everything Depalm has, and more. More space, better beach(s), water sports....

If you're wanting to please the tots, either one will suffice.

Adults usually vote for Renaissance. Perhaps one of the best beaches on Aruba (imported sand).

Costs more. Takes longer. Worth it.

Renaissance Island, Aruba

renaissance-island-aruba.jpg

Renaissance Island

Folks, Renaissance Island is a private island owned by Marriot but….

….A few of the people we’ve met there were from cruise ships and they said they got a pass for US$50/ea. This included the water taxi there and back and a lunch and some non-motorized water sports.

I can’t tell you if this is true currently as we stay there when we are in Aruba and all is included.

I suggest you google “Renaissance Island , Aruba” and see if you can find an e-mail for them.

We just call them at 297-5-836000 for reservations.

It’s quite a nice place that most people really enjoy.

-b-

We visited the island on our recent trip via the Carnival Destiny. The island was lovely and very peaceful. We have two children who enjoyed the water spots (kayak, snorkel, paddle boat). Lunch was included along with a beverage. Plenty of beach chairs and trees for shade.

Went to the hotel lobby to purchase the day passes. Cost $50 each. Took a shuttle boat to the island and spent the day under a palm tree.

One of the nicest beaches we have been to.

My family and I were on the AOS last week with a 10 year old, and a 14 year old. We went to Renaissance Island and everybody LOVED it! I would highly recomment it, and would go back in a heartbeat! It was one of the best days we had on the cruise.

When you get off the boat, all you have to do is make a right on the main street and walk two blocks to the Marriot Renaissance Hotel. Go up to the front desk and tell them that you are on a cruise, and want to purchase day passes for the island. It is $50 per person, kids under 13 are free. You take a boat right from the lobby of the hotel, and it is about a 15 minute ride to the island.

There is a gift shop, clean bathrooms, three gorgeous beaches, and a very nice restaurant right on one of the beaches. The day pass includes lunch and one beverage, and free use of the kayaks and water floats. (no jet skis or motorized watersports, which is why it's so peaceful there)

There is plenty of shade for those who want to get out of the sun, and tons of hammocks everywhere.

When we went, the place was half empty. We stayed until the sun went down, and hated to leave.

The kids will like the flamingos that roam one of the beaches, and feeding lettuce to the iguanas that are all over the island. There is also a big outdoor parrot cage near the restaurant, and we had fun feeding bananas to the macaws.

Try it! You'll love it!

Archived