Pearl 12/22/2006???

claudie

When I was checking out the NCL website I found the Pearl to have a sailing on 12/22/2006. I tried to advance for further info but the website came up with errors, blah blah blah. Does anyone know of anything? How about it's maiden voyage?

What I do know is that the Master who will take her out from Germany will be Captain Trond Kildal who is currently on the Dawn - he said this at the Q&A session after the "Behind the Scenes" slideshow last week.

I'm just hoping that there will be a couple of 1-nighters from the UK as there was for the Jewel. Here's hoping :D

I checked with my trusty TA about schedule and itinerary and she found out that the Pearl has a sailing out of Miami on 12/22/06. It will stop at the Dominican Republic, St. Thomas, Tortola, Great Stirrup Cay back to Miami. Sounds good to me. I have 2 rooms booked.

Calmac, I'm hoping you UKer's get some 1 nighters, too, so that you can tell us all about her! Don't forget to pack your bowling ball LOL!

When I was checking out the NCL website I found the Pearl to have a sailing on 12/22/2006. I tried to advance for further info but the website came up with errors, blah blah blah. Does anyone know of anything? How about it's maiden voyage?

Golly, it's April, December is 8 months away, 240 days. A lot can happen in 240 days. Let's review things that can happen from recent events: the Pride of America sinks in drydock. The Pride of Hawaii has returned to drydock twice for azipod repairs, and it hasn't even had one paying passenger aboard yet. :eek:

NCL posted some December cruises sailing from America hoping that Meyerwerft's will finish on the present schedule. Wait a few months for the schedule to be more refined, for the ship to be more complete, and hope nothing breaks along the way. ;)

Besides, who would want to cruise the Atlantic, or the English Channel in the dead middle of winter and in winter storms? :rolleyes:

Yet again, the voice of gloom and doom.

The Pearl is sailing out of Miami through the Carib. which is what I'm interested in. I've sailed on rough seas through the Atlantic and still had a great time. I'll be dragging along my retro silver Christmas, too. If the cruise doesn't work out we'll head for the mountains and ski and then cruise in February. No big deal.

By the way, 2 ships out of how many? that have had problems is really no reason to panic.

Not the voice of gloom and doom, but the voice of experience.

Ship building isn't an easy task. Lots of things and people must come together to build the ship per a schedule. It's EIGHT months from being completed.

As the ship's competition gets closer, NCL will announce more cruises prior to those already posted if it's ahead of the present schedule, which is already two months ahead.

The Jewel was finished in summer, not in winter, and did a few summer cruises from Dover. Even the Queen Mary 2, the largest cruise ship/ocean liner ever built, does not cross the Atlantic in winter.

Am I the bearer of Gloom or Doom, or just being Realistic?

Or am I just refusing to fall into your wishful and unrealistic dreams?

Blow the one nighters! we want a seven nighter, full blown transat, high seas and all.:)

I think I might have enough annual leave left for a couple of 1 nighters but not enough for a 7 nighter but if that was all that was available I'd be doing my best to be on it - whatever time of year.

I'm officially booked and excited. I remember this same feeling last April when I got off the Dawn and immediately booked the Jewel. I checked out the construction process online weekly to see its progress. Now I get to watch them build the Pearl as well.

You guys that live across the pond, have you ever done any sailings around Scandinavia? I'm an adventure-loving person who would love to sail around on one of those mail freight ferry boats through Scandinavia. I've checked out websites but never actually spoke to anyone who's done one.

Archived