Please help me decide!

zeke11

I realize this is going to be a huge matter of personal opinion, but that is just what I'm looking for!

I cannot choose between a Mexican Riviera cruise (Mazatlan, Puerta Vallarta, Cabo San Lucas) or a Caribbean (Cozumel, Grand Cayman, Ocho Rios).

The Caribbean would be on the Carnival Triumph.

The Mex Riviera would be on either the Carnival Pride or

RCL Vision of the Seas.

The Carnival prices are virtually identical for either cruise.

The RCL cost is approximately $1,000 more for my family of six.

My kids are 20, 18, 15 and 10.

Let 'er rip! Carnival vs. RCL AND Mex Riv vs. Caribb.

BTW, we have cruised to Nassau and Costa Maya in the past. Our last cruise was supposed to go to Grand Cayman and Cozumel, but both ports were closed at the time of our cruise and we ended up with Costa Maya.

Transportation to either of the ports is a non-issue.

Thank you so much! I need to make this decision PRONTO and know very little about the ports OR the lines. Have only sailed on Disney thus far.

Kris

Well if you don't mind the plane ride-then maybe the mexican riveria as you have done the caribbean- but it is up to you.

then again I have no idea where you live so maybe the plane ride is not so bad-for me to do the mexican riveria is a 5 hour plane ride-so hense-9 cruises of my 11 have been in the caribbean as I live much closer to there.

Bermuda is great too! Look at that for a cruise!

I've gone on the Pride to both locations. In 2002 we went to the Exotic Western Caribbean and in Dec 2005 we went again onthe Pride to the Mexican Riviera.

We love the water of the Caribbean much better if you like to snorkle. We snorkled both places but the water is so much colder and not so blue in the Mexican Riviera. But, I'm glad we went so we could compare the two. Both were great fun and there is alot to do with teens.

Good luck ~m~

I have been to both twice. W. Caribbean on the Victory and Liberty.

Mex. Riviera On Elation and Spirit. They are so totally different. So you might want to try both. Depending on time of year - I would go to Mex. Riv. in the summer, because the water will be alot warmer.

I personally perfer the Caribbean.......prettier water, weather and water warmer all year. Caribbean is more tropical and Mex. Riv. is more desert like. Both are fun.

Good Luck! I'm sure which ever one you do you will have fun.

By the way......I would not pay that much more to cruise Royal Caribbean to the same ports:)

Archived