How is the Aerial Trek in St. Lucia offered through Royal Caribbean?

squale

Trying to decide what excursion to do in St. Lucia for the one day that we are there with the cruise. Can't decide if we should do the beaches, do the rainforest zipline, or do an island tour, like Frank's Tour, or Cosol, etc..?

Any ideas?

We did this at the beginning of the month and absolutely loved it! :eek:

We'd been to St Lucia on a land holiday, so had already done the main tourist things. We wanted to have a completely different tour from the beach and boat ride snorkelling trips we were doing on other islands.

I've posted more information in other threads, and there is another thread on the Royal Caribbean pages - several pages in (unless they get moved here).

We're hoping to post video we took while doing the zip lining, in the next couple of days, so keep watching.

If you like something exhilarating and different, you'll love this tour. :D

is it safe? how high are you up? and do you zip line by yourself one person at a time or are you strapped to a tour guide? It must be very very hot in the rain forest huh?

is it really a true tropical rainforest with crazy animals like you see on the discovery channel?

Yes it is very safe. You wear two harnesses (jacket and pants type), and are attached by three clips to two zip wires. While you are waiting on a platform for your turn, you are attached by a 'monkey tail', so you can't fall off.

You are about 50 feet up; no more than that. It doesn't seem very high.

You zip line by yourself. All your clips are secured by an expert, who checks everything. All you do is take up a seated position and cross your ankles. Then you use your strongest arm to hold the wire behind you (with thick gloves on). This stops you spinning on the wire and acts as your break as you approach the platform at the end of the run. Another member of the staff helps you onto the platform and attaches you to the monkey tail when you arrive. My husband used his free hand to take photos and video while he was travelling along the line. I felt very nervous at first, but quickly relaxed and then loved it. (I'm 50 and my husband is 55 - so anyone can do it!)

The rainforest doesn't seem like on the discovery channel, and we didn't see any animals or birds. I expect the voices and platforms, and all the people keep most of the wildlife away. However, it is very pretty and you zip wire over a stream.

Once you're finished, you walk along a short trail through the forest, with labels on the various plants, back to the hut where you started. We left a bag there while we flew through the trees, but most people left their stuff in the van. There are toilets (primitive), and you get either a free drink or can buy soda. They also sell t-shirts with a great picture on the back of a monkey zip wiring. They also sell bottles of banana ketchup, which is a St Lucia speciality.

This was a really fun morning, and one of our favorite excursions. When we watch the video, it still brings a smile to my face, and makes me feel envigorated just remembering how it felt. :D

Not too hot in the forest, as it is very shady. We used insect repellent as they love to nibble on me, but we didn't notice any mosquitos.

I would say, if you're tempted to do this - GO FOR IT! :D

Does anyone know why the aerial trek in St Lucia has a minimum age limit of 16 and the one they offer in St Martin does not?

Does anyone know if you can do the aerial trek in St Lucia on your own (bypassing Royal Caribbean and their age limit?)

We're sailing RC Serenade in January '07, our daughter will be 14 1/2.

Any information would be appreciated. Thanks :)

• 8 months later...

we will be there on march 13 aboard the crown princess. we have a private guide ,phillip tours, who is gone to add this onto their regular tour for an additional fee. in addition to their fee the ride cost $75. there is also a condola ride. would someone who has done this please tell me how long the ride is, time and distance. thanks.

ray:)

we will be there on march 13 aboard the crown princess. we have a private guide ,phillip tours, who is gone to add this onto their regular tour for an additional fee. in addition to their fee the ride cost $75. there is also a condola ride. would someone who has done this please tell me how long the ride is, time and distance. thanks.

ray:)

Archived