Xpedition - cabin 509?

CSloan

We're booked in 509 on the xpedition in November... apparently it's the only room in its category "junior suite". Anyone been in this cabin? If so, can you tell me if you think it's worth the extra $$ vs. a cabin on deck 4 (no balcony).

That's interesting that it is in a category by itself. Is it more or less $$$ than the Xpedition Suites on the same deck? They look to be the same size.

FWIW, I think that's the one that is directly across from the Captain's cabin. Someone posted a review on here about his chain smoking in there and the smoke sucking right under their door. I've read other complaints about this as well. Of course, I have no idea if the same Captain is on board now.

We were in 507 which is adjacent to 509. Cabin sizes don't change a great deal on the Xpedition , they're all pretty small (unless you take the double suite). That said, we did enjoy the balcony .... the extra room is also a good place to store your snorkel gear. We did get a slight smell of smoke in the hallway from the captain's quarters across the hall, but I'm sure we had a stressful cruise for him (long story). The smoke wasn't really a bother and we never smelled it in our cabin.

You'll probably spend less time in your cabin on this trip than any other. Someone described it as similar to going to camp as a youngster ... only with an open bar ....

Frank

That's interesting that it is in a category by itself. Is it more or less $$$ than the Xpedition Suites on the same deck? They look to be the same size.

It's less $$ than the other "suites", and it's the only cabin in the "junior suite" category. In the Galapagos brochure, it shows it as being the same as the other suites, but online it's in a category by itself. Online it shows 509 as being smaller than the others.

• 1 month later...

Hi CSloan,

We leave this Friday--finally! We are booked in 509, so I'll try to remember to post on this thread when we return.

Spengle, Bunnybear, Fontaid, DrFun, and others--thanks so much for all your reports and recommendations.

Babo--no shots for us ::crosses fingers::. Have a great trip right after ours!

Emma

Archived