Scuba Diving in Belize

jmsnyc

I'll be on the Carnival Glory in late July/early August. I was thinking of doing a 2 tank dive but booking directly with an operator rather than with the ship because the ship is so overpriced.

Any recomendations on dive centers?

I'd reccommend that you use the on board dive option in Belize. We just returned from a week on the Miracle. In Belize they load directly to the dive boat. Eliminating the tender to shore will save you at least two hours. The dive boat will stop at an off shore island in order to allow those needing equipment to be fitted. The cost is somewhat higher due to the the distance to the reef. The dive operator is Hugh Parkey's and they will show you a great time. enjoy

• 2 weeks later...

What's the cost for the 2-tank dive thru Carnival? I'll be going with Miracle in Aug. and Carnival's site doesn't show the amount.

My wife is not a diver. Are the sites they go to good for snorkeling?

Thanks.

• 2 months later...
A 2 tank dive with equipment through Carnival is $145 in Belize. They always have snorkeling excursions in every port - not sure about Belize as I've never been.

A 2 tank dive without equipment is now $165. Still unsure if I book with Carnival or look on my own. In Cozumel (also stopping there) I am familiar with Aquaworld who you can book a 2 tank dive for around $70 - I prefer to dive in Belize though.

A 2 tank dive without equipment is now $165.

Wow, that is a lot for diving.

I booked with http://www.ecotoursbelize.com/tours.html

It's $145 for the two tank dive including equipment rental. I was also able to request 100cf tanks. The cost included flying from the Belize municipal airport (they meet you at port, transport you to airport...), flying over the reef system, to San Pedro, Ambergris Caye. The two-tank boat dives, then fly back. It's one way to see Belize from air, sea, and land. My wife will also be flying, and doing the Shark Rey Alley snorkeling. We're going in late Aug./early Sept. Will certainly share our experience.

Archived