did a tour --what to do next time?

motherchic

Two years ago a group of us that met on our roll call and scheduled a tour. It was a wonderful full day---canals, coffee, banana plantation etc.....

We cannot do the zip line,

We will be in CR in February and would like to take another tour. What else can we do, go or see that will still be wonderful??

Many thanks for any input

Nadine

Did you visit Cahuita National Park? Not even an hour out of town ... beautiful nature walk, wonderful swimming beach (from the "Playa Blanca" entry that is on the side closest to Puerto Limon). We went there with Euvangie's Tours during our Galaxy cruise earlier this month. Saw a sloth, monkeys, iguanas, tiny lizards, amazing ants, birds, and barely scratched the surface. Hope to go back sometime and see lots more ... TR

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Nadine

That was a fun trip wasn't it. The restaurant was also wonderful especially the odor of pot being smoked underneath the deck:D I'm with you though looking for something else this time around. Will be there in March

deb

hi Deb,

Bev was here visiting for a week and we were reminescing about the scent of pot permeating the restaurant and how everyone at the same time peered over their menu with a funny grin on there face.

I am thinking about doing one of the other tours Oscar offers. When i have more time i will post it.

Nade

• 2 weeks later...

Oscar doesn't just go to the zipline and the bannana plantations. He has several tours that he offers, and he will tailor a day around what you want to do as well. I am not sure what we will do next time we are in Puerto Limon, but I do know that what ever I do it will be with Oscar. He is a really great tour guide and his transportation equipment is up to date.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I too would like to know how to contact Oscar or does he have a web site?

Also for those that have taken his tour........could you tell us how long, how much and exactly all you saw on the tour?

Thanks in advance.

I have emailed Oscar about his tours and will post them as soon as I get a response. I must say that his tour is better than any independent tour or ship tour that we have ever taken.

He was trying to get a website up and running but I am not sure that has happened. I will post here once I get a response from him.

We have taken two tours with him, with the last one with 16 other people in the pouring rain and everyone still had a great time.

One of Oscar's clients is constructing the website for him. It seems that it has stalled at the present time. I hope this doesn't effect his business as he really is a great person and a wonderful tour guide.

You can reach his sister Carol at limonense03@yahoo.com or cbrown@costarricense.cr

They can tailor a tour around what you want to see if you have already done the canals etc. We had a large group on our last visit and the bus we were in was wonderful. Post here on the board if you have trouble reaching them.

Jim,

The first time we toured with Oscar we went to Almonds and Corals, bannana plantation, and stopped to visit a sloth and pet monkey. Several stops to see animals on the road and the last stop at a restaurant. The ship was late arriving so we didn't get to eat at there.

The second time in January it was pouring rain. We went to a closer zipline, Las Brisas, bannana platation, the canals, downtown, tour of the city. We had a wonderful time in spite of the rain. Can you imagine it raining in the Rain Forest:D

you are so welcome :) . i have untill next april for my cruise so i am going to contact them as the time gets closer. i am going to book with him for sure. his tours sound great and you get alot for the money. cant wait to get there. can you tell me , does he keep track of the time the ships come in to port or do i have to know the time difference ? thanks for any input.

Archived