Are there kettles in the rooms on Infinity?

Tracey 520

Hi fellow cruisers,

Just a quick question please if I may.:D

Are there kettles in the guest rooms on Infinity? Being a bit of a tea drinker (from the the UK!) I was just wondering if there are kettles supplied in the room? If not I will take my own.

A daft question just on previous RCI explorer ships there wasn't and to my surprise we were on Norwegian Jewel last year and there was.

Many thanks for your answers in anticipation,

Tracey:)

No, X does not provide Kettles in any of the staterooms (well maybe

the SUITES) but I have never stayed in one.

As for regular cabins, nope. It is called "Room Service";)

Many cruise lines do not permit personal kettles onboard. I believe it is a fire hazard? After the Star Princess I don't think you can be too careful. I would check with X before bringing it on.

I really do not think it would be wise to bring a kettle . As a devoted tea drinker (ex -Brit who survived the Blitz by having cups of "char") I agree tea made with non boiling water is somewhat insipid.

I suggest that rather than brining a kettle (which could give you problems at airport anyway). that you bring a supply of Yorkshire tea bags. This a a good strong tea and will give you a "good cuppa" no matter what the temp of the water.

This is what I do, even though for me it means getting the tea by mail order from a Vermont which many miles from where I live in FL.

The tea you order from room service (available 24 hours a day) comes with a pot of very hot water and tea bags. If you like a specific brand, why not bring your own tea and just order the tea from room service and brew your own just using the water?

Archived