celebrity or HA

maggieq

Can anyone guide me in the right direction as far as what you think we would be suited to:

We have been loyal to rccl for the last 4 cruises and would like to try something more upscale. We do enjoy a newer ship with good entertainment but would like to see better service/food.

With both Celebrity and HA being in our price range...just wondering what ya'll think.

thanks.

We enjoy both Hal and Celebrity very much. I think Celebrity's service is a little more formal. I would suggest the M class ships on Celebrity; however, if you go in the Holland direction, maybe you should look at the Volendam. This ship gets great reviews. We have chosen it for November and can't wait.

Celebrity and HAL are my two favorite lines. I have been on 4 HAL cruises(Ryndam,Amsterdam,Volendam, and Oosterdam) and 1 Celebrity(Infinity). I have had no complaints with either. Between the two lines I choose the itinerary and price that best suites me.

I've been loyal to X but after my last cruise I am trying HAL. I hope I like it because I'll be on 26 days!

I think the service will be good and the food a little below what I'm used to on X with the exception of the Specialty restaurant. But HAL has some exotic ports they visit while X is stuck in mainstream Caribbean for trips out of Florida.

I think every line is a trade off. Each one has strong points and weaknesses. For instance I find dinner on Princess to be pretty low on my scale but the breakfast and lunch buffets have X beat by a mile. You just need to try for yourself and find find your favoriteS. I put the S in caps because I used to think one line could fulfill all my needs. I no longer subscribe to this way of thinking.

I am going to try them all till I find two or three that fit and then I will have many more options for my travel.

I found dinners on HAL to be about the same quality as X, buffets were better...but service... X beats HAL by a mile. In fact Hal's service was worse than NCL's and Carnival. Our room wasn't done at 12 3 times during the week, and in DR it was slow!!!! But staterooms on HAL are spacsious and beds are the best!!! We were on Zuiderdam which is considered HAL light, old HAL cruisers usually complain about their new ships.

We've been on 3 Celebrity cruises and 1 Holland America.

We love to cruise and are not very picky. We just returned from a Carnival cruise that was fantastic, and greatly exceeded our expectations. That all being said...

We'd have to vote for HAL over Celebrity. Our one and only HAL cruise was over Thanksgiving 2006. The food was EXCEPTIONAL. The buffet food was by far the best we'd ever experienced. In fact, because we were stuck with late dining, we had all our meals in casual dining (including Thanksgiving) and didn't feel cheated. The cabin and the ship were excellent too. Our last 2 Celebrity ships were a tad shabby (Galaxy and Horizon).

However, we're booked Celebrity again in the fall and I'm sure we'll enjoy it. We got a deal that was just too good to pass up! and we will most definately sail on HAL again in the near future. ;)

Been on 9 HAL and 14 with Celebrity.

The food and service is where you find slight differances.

Celebrity food and service will be just a bit better.

If you like some activities - maybe one per hour - Celebrity is the way to go.

HAL does not offer a lot of on board activities.

Archived