Alaska in 2007

lucia1024

I am planning my first cruise to Alaska in 2007. I was wondering if there are any new ships besides that Sun and Star that will be cruising that itinarary? I have only taken one NCL cruise. It was on the Jewel last year, so it was great being on a new ship for our first time. I was also thinking about taking the cruise in May will it still be cold there? Is it just as cold in Sept? The prices look really reasonable in May or Sept. I'm am just not sure which month would be better weather wise and sightseeing wise.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. By the way I love traveling Free

Style!

Thanks!

I am going back for the fourth time to Alaska in May 2007... on the Pearl (barnd new ship). I have cruised the NCL Star, Carnival Pride and Dawn Princess to Alaska previously. We chose the Pearl this time for the itinerary including Glacier Bay and the convenience of cruising round trip Seattle (previously cruised round trip Seattle, Northbound and Southbound). Also chose NCL for Freestyle which I think is a true benefit for Alaska. I always choose to cruise Alaska in May... I like it best... baby animals, good time to see bear (saw every time) scouring for food, snowtop mountains providing natural water falls, least rainy time (in three weeks of being in Alaska we have only had three days of rain!), less expensive, no mosquitos yet, less crowded, etc. We have seen bears, moose, eagles, whales, orcas, sea otters, seals and more every time. We had fantastic weather every time (although that can't be guaranteed!) It was always warmer in Alaska while we were there than in our home state of PA. We even had shorts on a day last time... We are taking a group again and got great rates on the Pearl and can't wait to be on this brand new ship! Good luck with your plans, you'll LOVE Alaska!

Thanks for your replies.

I was just wondering since the Pearl is a new ship is there anywhere where I can get some info on it? Is it like one of the other NCL ships? I would love to see the deck plan before making any reservations.

It sounds like May is a better month to travel there. What are the May dates that are available? Any helpful hints or suggestions on what shouldn't be missed while in Alaska?

Thanks again!

I have heard that the Pearl is similar to the Jewel. I would think it's close enough that you could get a very good idea looking at the Jewel's deck plans.

We are planning on the Pearl to AK in 2007 also.

Have fun!

Hikini:D

8 weeks from today until we are on the Star again!

Archived