Mexican Riveria weather now..

NEENEE

will be sailing out of Long Beach May 6 and have seen some reports of late that there are some very large sea swells out there. Can anyone give a more up todate review on weather whilst sailing. I have checked the land weather and looks nice and hot but not sure where I can find sea weather forecast....thanks:) :) :)

NeeNee, Like your paper said, the weather in the Mex Riv is hot. As for swells, there's really no way of knowing. We live along the coast about 400 miles north (depending on where you are measuring to) near Long Beach, CA, and have not seen any big swells in weeks. Don't see any big storm systems out there either, so I don't see a problem. We have done this trip five (soon to be six!!) times and have never had what I would call big swells. Mostly in the 7 to 10-foot range, which ain't nuthin' to a ship as big as Sapphire, which I assume is your "home." So cruise happy!

We sailed the week of May 10th last year and also mid-October out of San Pedro and the water was calm - waves in the 4-12 foot range depending on the day. Obviously if there is a storm it will affect the swells but that it not something you can plan for.

Thanks for that joeinsb. I think I panicked when I heard 12-15 feet swells. I love cruising, however not a good sailor. I have just picked up some Bonine and will try for first time. We don't get them here in Australia so had to depend on relatives bringing them over. The last time I did this cruise was in September and you couldn't even tell the ship was moving, seas were as flat as a babes bottom. Counting the days and have already booked again for next April to take my mum on the HAL out of San Deigo.

Happy cruising.:) :) :) :)

Archived