Hello from the Legend Transatlantic crossing

CeeJay11

Dear Sailor's,

I just received an urgent message from the Captain of the Legend. He informed me that indeed there is a thief aboard the ship! His precious Lion was in the Bridge......he hosted a Bridge Tour sometime yesterday afternoon......later he discovered his Lion was gone! He is very upset and even sent me the Guest manifest, asking me to look over it carefully.....to see if I recognize any of the guests.......and Yes, I did see a few that I know personally. But no "thieves!" (that I know of)

I will now study the list more carefully......I would loveeee to find someone aboard that is associated with the CIA or the FBI.

Do ANY of you know anyone aboard the Legend, Crossing that would commit a robbery?

Please help.......

Martita B.

Now of all things, Captain G-A's Lion is missing. He was last seen at a bridge tour and then suddenly he was gone. An announcement was made at trivia today - and there is a picture on the Captain's picture board showing the bottom of someone's room numbers that look suspiciously like OURS - and the lion stuck on the door saying "Heeellllp me Daddddddy" - so we are being framed! We don't have the Lion - would CeeJay steal the Captain's Lion? There is no way!!

Oh NO!!!!!! Not again!!! Host Dan...any clues? (He who seems to "be all, know all" when it comes to Lion-knapping!!) :eek:

Magic makes great grasshoppers.

Please tell Magic (Maciek) that "Mr. Watson" wishes he were there! (Because he DOES!) :D

Paul

I think CSI should be involved.... JMHO.. :)

Host Dan

OMG NOOOO!!!! That's entirely "too final" for the hopes of the Lion!!! :eek: :eek:

Maybe it's time to call out "Monk"!!! ;)

Paul

already in fear for the worst for the poor Lion!

Paul, please inform Captain Geir-Arne that the Director of the Secret Service, Washington, Mr. Brian Stafford, will board the Legend in Ponta Delgada, on May 2nd, if the Lion is not returned to the Bridge by tommorrow noon.

This reply was faxed to me this afternoon at 5:55 pm.

Thank you!

Martita B.

Paul, please inform Captain Geir-Arne that the Director of the Secret Service, Washington, Mr. Brian Stafford, will board the Legend in Ponta Delgada, on May 2nd, if the Lion is not returned to the Bridge by tommorrow noon.

This reply was faxed to me this afternoon at 5:55 pm.

Thank you!

Martita B.

Ms M:

Since I'm not onboard(!) I can only assume that your informative warning will be forwarded!! It's obviously time for the "heavy hitters"!! :D

Paul

wishing he could help in pursuit of the dastardly deed-doer(s)...and not be land-locked :mad:

Hi CeeJay, Funny how you and Wally always seem to be involved in the Animal Antics - must be the "animals" you keep company with!!! We are all jealous here and counting the days to November. Going to see Joanne this afternoon and Kit coming over Monday night will let them know what you are up to, if they have not read it for themselves. Have lots of fun, study hard and say Hi to everyone especially the Captain from us.;)

The Captain has hidden some binoculars (which he needs to find the Azores) and a $100,000 bill - and announced that if someone couldfind the binoculars they can keep the $100,000 bill - so a hunt was on and the next day he announced that the binoculars were on Deck 6, and the when no one found them, he announced this morning that they are aft of the centre staircase - which of course leaves the library and the Club - not the gift shop which is now out of bounds for the search as people were going through the merchandise looking for the things! Anyway if we don't find them soon, the Captain will have a meeting at precisely 11:59 to show us where they are :)

And of course the picture contest goes on, and its the last day for this contest with 3 really tough pictures - and we might just give up. Norman is in first place and he will no doubt find at 3!

The weather has turned remarkably cooler, with very rough seas yesterday, and extremely high winds, so bad that they removed all the chairs from Deck 8 and there were very few people out on Deck 7 due to the wind intensity. Today is it a little calmer, but cloudy. I am sure it will improve.

Simon Davey did his very first solo show before dinner last night and he was excellent. He is going to do well as an Assistant Cruise Director on the Pride, I'm sure.

Well, back to the search.

We sure could use our friends to help us. Hi Lesley, Dan, Kit, Joanne, Paul ... and all our Seabourn cruising buddies. All the people we are with on the ship are just great but you are definitely missed a lot. We've never had so much champagne and Bloody Marys -- trying to drink to you all.

CeeJay

CeeJay, No update on the satus of the Captain's lion? I hope Quartermaster Lion is fine and will soon be rerturned safely to Capt. G-A. I saluted Quartermaster Lion every time I walked past him (and that was MANY times) while he was on duty and I was looking for "A Certain Piece of Teak" while unwittingly assisting the Deck Department in keeping the teak railings dust and salt-residue free! :D :D My fellow Legend photo contest contestants know exactly what I mean ! :D Glad the weather has not put a damper on the fun!

Continued blue skies and calmer seas!

We know you will overcome the challenges. Thanks for all the Bloody Mary's and Champagne, that explains why I keep waking up with a hangover. Really jealous of you guys but we will have to cook up some "special" things this summer to amuse ourselves with on the Fall crossing. Any idea when the Captains gallery will be up and running? Thinking of you while we plan to take the trek across the border. Most of the boats are launched at South Bay and opening cocktail party is the long weekend.;)

It is a beautiful sunny day here and all the passengers except for a few of us have now departed. What a strange feeling waiting for all the new ones to arrive.

The Captain's Lion was found in the bottom of a Seabourn bag that was part of Eric's show on the last formal night - when they were singing "Suddenly Seabourn" - out came the Lion and the Security Officer Liam ran down the ramp and grabbed the Lion and took him to safety. The Captain appeared at the Sky Bar yesterday with his lion, all bandaged and taped up, but the Lion is alive!

We believe that the Captain is trying to get help from someone in South Africa to get his website up and running again. He's very concerned about the problems he's having and knows everyone wants to follow the ship via his site. Will post more on this when we hear something from him.

The crossing was a great success - weather great and 2 days behind us is a Radisson ship that apparently has been in bad weather the whole way (according to the Captain). So he's very proud of his passengers keeping their fingers and toers crossed all the way and gave them the credit for this great weather.

Our team "Geir's Gang" unfortunately came in 3rd on trivia although we did get the final question right. We were the only team to choose sports and Wally answered the question ... which I won't post here because you never know, that question might come around again :)

We are now off to Rome with 9 more glorious days ahead.

CeeJay

Hi CeeJay, Enjoy Rome and give us a full report when we see you. Great news Joanne is on the standby list for the fall crossing - she could not handle us going without her - I am so excited. Will keep following the news and the antics. ;)

Hi CeeJay, Enjoy Rome and give us a full report when we see you. Great news Joanne is on the standby list for the fall crossing - she could not handle us going without her - I am so excited. Will keep following the news and the antics. ;)

Hi L & M!

I am your nemisis on the "Comeback Cruisers" and we had a lovely chat during dinner the night before embarking on the Legend last Nov. GREAT news about Joanne! :) I hope she can join us as the Comeback Cruisers will be operating with a much diluted talent pool this Nov. :( Have you guys booked the Nov. 2007 Legend crossing? I have and sure hope you both have as competition is good for the Trivia soul! :D

CeeJay, keep up the great reporting as I am so proud of you! :)

Hi There,

I had a feeling it was you but was not entirely sure. Yes we are booked for Nov crossing - M's sister & husband are joining us. We are going to spend the week in Malaga before the cruise. Let me know where and when you are arriving and see if we can all hook up for a drink. Love reading all the stories but get green with envy. Keep in touch - we are heading north for the summer next saturday but will be online. Looking forward to Nov.;)

Hi Guys,

I will be arriving in Malaga the afternoon of November 2. I will be staying 3 nights at the Byblos Andaluz Hotel in Mijas before the crossing. Let me know your plans and hopefully we can get together for a drink before embarking. Enjoy the summer "up North!"

We're now in the Med. - had a wonderful day in Malaga yesterday, and a great time in Gibraltar the day before. We've walked our feet off on some of the tours and we are so thankful to have a peaceful day at sea. The ship is just as amazing as ever.

We had our first Dinner at "2" two days ago and it was absolutely spectacular. It was so much fun just seeing what was coming next. And we both ate things we would never order and loved them. The new Executive Chef Michael came out at the end of the meal - he is really special - and apparently he is going to be the full time Chef on the Legend in a few weeks. We are predicting that "2" is going to be a huge success and it will be hard to get a reservation. We asked if we could book for the November crossing :) ???

We are having a great cruise but we still very much miss the Comeback Cruisers. Hello to you all

CeeJay & Wally

Happy Birthday Carol . Hoping you enjoy Majorca as much as we do.

We have enjoyed your tales of your LEGEND Transatlantic crossing. Hopefully our November crossing will be as much fun.

Stirling and Clare Kenny

Archived