During the day on the ship

mirrajay

Now this is most likely going to be a very dumb question, but I am a tad fashion obssesed and need to make sure I dont make any faux pas on my first cruise. We are headed to Canada/New England in October, so I the "resort casual" doenst really apply to our cool weather cruise. I assume I will just wear a sweater or long sleeved shirt and some jeans on the ship during the day and then of course dress it up a bit for the nights ( and dress it up a lot for the 2 formal nights). Is this what people would usually wear on a cooler weather cruise? I mean, there is no reason to be dressed anything more than casual on the ship during the day right?

I'd be inclined to wear khakis or similar slacks instead of jeans, but I tend to be a little dressier than some. Besides, I don't look as good in jeans as I once did!

• 2 weeks later...
I have been on a few of the cooler weather cruises, but only on RCI. If you are comfortable in jeans and a sweater, then I would wear that. There were some at sea days that were very chilly, and a lot of people wore sweats just for an outside chance of staying warm. Even if you are fashion conscious, I would bring a pair of sweats because you could get so chilled, that they will be the only thing you can wear to warm you up (even if it's in your cabin). Also, depending on your ports of call, you may want to dress a little better than jeans.

[b][font=Comic Sans MS][color=darkorchid]Oh, do be sure and bring a light sweater for those chilly New England evenings. Even now during the month of July, it has gotten cool at night. This has got to be the strangest jet stream I've ever lived through! :eek: :eek: :eek: [/color][/font][/b]

Altho I have several pairs of jeans and love them I don't take them on vacations. IMHO I get more "mileage" out of a pair of dark colored slacks esp. if they are not wrinkle prone. We were on a Canada/New England cruise last October and needed warm weather wear for Boston and when we got to Quebec needed coats as there was snow on the ground. Do think layers.

Have a great cruise. I hope you have beautiful fall colors. mems

Thanks everyone! I cant wait until the fall clothing starts hitting the stores so I can buy at least a few new things for my cruise. The sweat pants idea is a good one, especially on sea days when you wont be getting off the ship - I have a few pairs of cute track pants that are made out of sweat pant material that I will definetly bring along.

I cant believe my countdown is in the 80s!! WOO HOO! :)

Archived