Star Princess Refund

Frank's girl

My DH and I were booked on the April 14th Star Princess cruise. We payed for the cruise by check (to our TA). We checked today with Princess (who stated that the refund was processed on 4/13 and their books are closed for that voyage) and our TA who stated that they have yet to receive a refund check from Princess. I'm just wondering if anyone else is still waiting for their refund too. It looks like credit card refunds were posted quickly but my guess is that paper refunds are taking a bit longer. Any ideas?

My DH and I were booked on the April 14th Star Princess cruise. We payed for the cruise by check (to our TA). We checked today with Princess (who stated that the refund was processed on 4/13 and their books are closed for that voyage) and our TA who stated that they have yet to receive a refund check from Princess. I'm just wondering if anyone else is still waiting for their refund too. It looks like credit card refunds were posted quickly but my guess is that paper refunds are taking a bit longer. Any ideas?

Just because Princess processed the refund on 4/13 doesn't mean they cut a check on 4/13. When it comes to their processing with this it seems like everything has to be approved. They overcharged my kid's cabins account for our 3/19 Star sailing and it took them until 4/12 to finally put in for the overpayment and then 4/17 for it to be processed fully.

Wish I had ideas for you but I'm still waiting for my refunds on air travel, hotel and everything else from the 3/19 sailing. Princess keeps telling me the check in is the mail and then when I call back I'm told that I was once again given incorrect information!

We were on the 3/19 Star as well. We paid for the cruise portion through our TA and we received the lion's share of the refund from our TA last week. We had a small amount (original deposit) on our credit card direct with Princess and that amount was credited very quickly after our cruise.

Princess wouldn't have received our airfare receipts until the second week of April and we haven't heard anything on those items as of yet. The timing of all of this is meeting our expectations given that we pretty much arranged our whole trip (including the trip home) outside of their direct network.

Our credit card was refunded correctly for the 3/19 sailing. Have not been reimbursed for our travel expenses home (just a hotel room as Princess arranged our airfair and hotel in Jamaica) yet, but we only sent it all in two weeks ago.

We were on the 04/09 sailing and still haven't seen our refunds. My son got his but we are still waitiing. Maybe it will show up on our next credit statement. I do know the 25% reduction has been applied to our cruise we have booked for December on the Coral. They have thousands of people to refund money to and I believe they are doing a good job getting everything out so quickly. I thought it would take longer.

Does anyone know how to go about getting the 25% off voucher . We were on the April 9th STAR sailing. How long is the 25% of our booked rate on the next cruise good for? We received our refund in full but have not heard anything about the details of the 25% off our next cruise .

I know what you mean. It really does not add up to much. I thought they might have some deals for those affected by the fire to get us to book again and give them another try. Right now I am sure their hands are full with still trying to get it all straightened out.

We were scheduled for 4/16. Our cruise refund was posted to our credit card a full 2 weeks ago. We then sent our documentation for the airfare a week ago and Princess called us today to tell us our refund for airfare was being processed and would take the check about 4 weeks to get to us.

Does anyone know how to go about getting the 25% off voucher . We were on the April 9th STAR sailing. How long is the 25% of our booked rate on the next cruise good for? We received our refund in full but have not heard anything about the details of the 25% off our next cruise .

The 25% credit is not in voucher form... it is posted to your CC account(tho I'm not sure if it will show up in your account info on their website). It will pop up when your TA rebooks using your CC number.

Actually, the 25% can add up to a pretty good discount, as it can be used with any fare code... use it with a flash promotion, and a good cruise discounter, and you can and will save some money.

By the way, Princess sez they are processing refunds sailing by sailing in chronological order.

We were scheduled for 4/16. Our cruise refund was posted to our credit card a full 2 weeks ago. We then sent our documentation for the airfare a week ago and Princess called us today to tell us our refund for airfare was being processed and would take the check about 4 weeks to get to us.

I can tell you that I was on the 3/19 sailing and over nighted my receipts and claims on March 28th to Princess which was received by March 29th at 1:00 PM. We were in a condemed burned cabin and were to have been priority. It's one month later and my claim isn't done nor have I received any reimbursements and neither have others from our cruise. I do know they are doing our cruise first and working outward form there just like they did on the cruise fare refunds. It may take a while before anyone gets anything.

I just don't think Princess realized what it would entail. The claims get processed by then have to go for approval and after that it will take a couple of more weeks until anyone receives their checks from what I've been able to find out.

The 25% credit is not in voucher form... it is posted to your CC account(tho I'm not sure if it will show up in your account info on their website). It will pop up when your TA rebooks using your CC number.

Actually, the 25% can add up to a pretty good discount, as it can be used with any fare code... use it with a flash promotion, and a good cruise discounter, and you can and will save some money.

By the way, Princess sez they are processing refunds sailing by sailing in chronological order.

It may not be a pretty good discount, it all depends on what you paid for your Star sailing. My kids had an inside cabin and the first 2 of $161 to take off a future cruise while the third has $149.

I already had a cruise booked for 11/4 on the Crown and even though my credit was in my circle account I actually had to call Princess and have it applied. So anybody who has a sailing already booked, make sure you are proactive you get the credit.

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update. We received a refund on our Credit card for the price of the cruise (3/19 sailing) promptly. We sent in copies of our hotel costs for the trip, about a month later. Princess called a few weeks later and said that a check for ________ would be mailed to us. Expect it to take about 4 weeks. Now, if Princess only had some 5 day cruises out of Fla I would be already booking. Looking at the Crown out of NYC or maybe the Sun out of Fll. Of course my friend "spingal" is trying to get us to go back to Hawaiii! Choices, choices, choices,. .. Better than drama, drama, drama..........

Archived