Panama Canal Sept 2006 - Dec 2007 Brochure

cruiservictor

One of the cruises in this brochure caught my eye - 22 days from New York to Seattle next April 21, 2007 on the Noordam. Since my 50th birthday will be April 27, 2007, this seemed like a nice way to celebrate it.

What I can't figure out is the stateroom categories and the fares. On pages 42-43 (the brochure is available on their web site), they list the fares. Under the Verandah Suites heading, they list categories PS, S, SA, SB, SC, SS and SY. However, a couple of pages later on the ship deck plans, the categories they show are PS, SA, SB, SC, SS, SY and SZ. So on the deck plan, they removed S and added SZ. Can anyone explain the difference to me? How do you compare the prices and the cabin categories when they don't match?

Also, we were interested in a category SA suite. The deck plan shows 40 of them, but we are being told that they are all sold. 40 of the top suites all gone, a year ahead of time? Does that make any sense?

And the price we are being quoted for an SB suite is more than $1000 pp higher than what is listed for the SB suites in the brochure. HAL refuses to honor what's in the brochure, saying those prices are "subject to change". Subject to change by that much this far in advance??

Any thoughts out there??????

Archived