Access to a Microwave on the Mariner?

This will sound bazaar but I do weight watchers diet religiously and I have microwave popcorn for a snack if needed. I have done very well on this diet and do not wish to gain an ounce even for a vacation as I've worked very hard to achieve my goals.

If I were to bring some microwave popcorn would there be someplace I could bring it to have it popped on the ship?

I am obviously a creature of habit and just thought I'd ask!

This will sound bazaar but I do weight watchers diet religiously and I have microwave popcorn for a snack if needed. I have done very well on this diet and do not wish to gain an ounce even for a vacation as I've worked very hard to achieve my goals.

If I were to bring some microwave popcorn would there be someplace I could bring it to have it popped on the ship?

I didn't see any public microwaves onboard.....and there aren't any in the cabins.

You may want to ask this question on the Lose before you cruise forum - maybe others have had similar questions and/or experiences? http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=149

I think you will do fine on this cruise as long as you stay to plan. Remember, you will probably be walking more than usual, and the gym is onboard if you want to work out. I did not gain any weight on our 15-day Hawaiian cruise due to the extra walking & activity and careful food selections. There are plenty of low-fat, low-cal things that you can snack on. If you want to stay very true to plan, you can take some of the WW twisty snacks or something like that with you in your luggage to have onboard.

It sounds like you are determined enough!!

The only microwaves that I know of are in the crew lounges. If you made nice-nice with your cabin steward, s/he might do the job for you. :)

How about those quaker rice cakes, their kind of like popcorn and you could bring them with you in your carryon. Do they still have those 2 point bars? It's been awhile since I did weight watchers. If all else fails their's always fruit. Keep up the good work.

I'm afraid I can't help you with access to a microwave, however I applaud your determination. I struggle with the urge to overeat virtually every day, so I know how hard it can be to have all that wonderful cruise food around and still make smart, healthy choices. Good luck figuring out a solution that works for you. :o

Archived