Summit Sky Suite

Just booked the Summit 14 day Alaska trip - Sept 07 - !!!

We are currently booked in Sky Suite 6131 - but have the opportunity to change to 6146 - which - if I can remember some posts from a couple of months ago (can't seem to get the "search" to work very well) - anyway - seems to me I read that 6146 is a pretty good room too -

any comments about either ?

Thanks !!

Hi there

You'll find lots of information on both cabins with a search.

I can tell you that we had 6131 on Summit last September on a Mexican Riviera cruise. We loved it. It was pretty much a standard SS inside but the corner balcony was certainly larger than most. The balcony though had its pluses and minuses from our point of view. Size and view of the ship were the pluses. The minuses were that it was extremely windy some days, so much so that it was almost impossible to use at sea if the wind was coming from forward. The other negative was that it had very little privacy. You were certainly visible to anyone on their balconies on the same deck and above for almost as far as the mid ship elevators. But drinks on the large balcony in port were fantastic. Overall, it would be my second choice of any SS.

My first would be 6146! Friends had it on that same cruise and we liked it so much we have booked it for a med cruise June 2007( on Millennium). The bedroom/lounge part of the cabin were similar size to other SS but it has a huge bathroom, separate bath and shower, and a large entrance hall. The balcony is large too and enclosed (with side walls) so there should be less problems with the wind. Finishes on the Summit version were well upscale on the standard SS. All up, I'd go for 6146 first choice and 6131 second choice. What ever you do, you'll have a great cabin! :)

Hi there

You'll find lots of information on both cabins with a search.

I can tell you that we had 6131 on Summit last September on a Mexican Riviera cruise. We loved it. It was pretty much a standard SS inside but the corner balcony was certainly larger than most. The balcony though had its pluses and minuses from our point of view. Size and view of the ship were the pluses. The minuses were that it was extremely windy some days, so much so that it was almost impossible to use at sea if the wind was coming from forward. The other negative was that it had very little privacy. You were certainly visible to anyone on their balconies on the same deck and above for almost as far as the mid ship elevators. But drinks on the large balcony in port were fantastic. Overall, it would be my second choice of any SS.

My first would be 6146! Friends had it on that same cruise and we liked it so much we have booked it for a med cruise June 2007( on Millennium). The bedroom/lounge part of the cabin were similar size to other SS but it has a huge bathroom, separate bath and shower, and a large entrance hall. The balcony is large too and enclosed (with side walls) so there should be less problems with the wind. Finishes on the Summit version were well upscale on the standard SS. All up, I'd go for 6146 first choice and 6131 second choice. What ever you do, you'll have a great cabin! :)

THANKS FOR MUCH FOR INFO !! - WE BOOKED 6146 !!

If you search you'll also find pictures. We have this booked on the Connie next year. We took some pictures of the one on the Summit, but I guess didn't photo the bathroom. I've seen pictures on another thread here on CC of the bath though. http://simon-pics.smugmug.com/gallery/1402938

We looked at both 6131 and 6146 last fall, and quickly decided on 6146 (or the odd/even counterpart)

We were not in the Sky Suite, but were right next door in 6144. The balcony is great. Yes part of it can be seen from above, but I really never noticed too much. You still have as much privacy as you would on a regular balcony.

Can't say much about the room, but the balcony is worth it!

Duane

6146 has an adjoining door to the Penthouse Suite. It decorated in the same style. Dark finish to the wood. MUCH nicer than the standard suite. The bathroom has a separate tub and shower. Very good size room. You will not be disappointed.

Duane, we're in 6144 on the Millennium. I assume it's the same layout. Is it true that the room and veranda are bigger than the normal CC staterooms? I had tried to book 8046 because it had a bigger veranda, but Celebrity talked me into 6144.

Call me crazy, but we intentionally booked 6146 12/04. We were very impressed witht the size, decor, bathroom, entry, upscale fittings, etc. - then the family next door moved into the Penthouse. They has several children, and one immediately started banging on the piano. Because it's a connector, the sound travelled right in. We could hear everything all of them said. Knowing we wanted a relaxing time, we asked to be switched and were put into a regular Sky Suite. We were happy for the peace - just be warned.

patster67,

The room is pretty much the same size as other CC cabins. Some say it is a about 10" bigger. I didn't think so.

But, the balcony is huge without the tunnel effect you get in the aft. The aft cabins all seem so dark to me because of the long balcony. This one comes with 2 padded loungers, 2 padded chairs and a large table. One of the best parts is that is it a wood deck versus the non-slip surface that the other rooms have. It doesn't hurt your bare feet! The only drawback is that there are times when you do not get any shade. If it is hot out, there is no where to hide :) At least on the aft, you almost always have shade.

The room also has a very small love seat versus the normal(ish) size ones that you get in the other CC cabins.

I like the location too, just next to all the suites. You have to walk past all the Royal suites towards the Penthouse suite and then at the last minute you turn left into your room. But, for those few moments you can dream of going into the penthouse Suite :)

I would book the room again in a heartbeat.

Duane

Patster67

I was wondering about the vibration in the Sky Suites and CC Class Cabins on Deck 6 mixed in amongst the Royal Suites and Penthouse Suites. A lot of posters say you feel vibration in the aft cabins. These are not all the way aft, but it is still that aft quarter of the ship. Closer to aft than midship. I had assumed these cabins would be great location if they chose to put the PH and RS here.:)

agabbymama,

We had 6146 on Summit. Vibration was not a problem, not even with the thrusters. The cabin was very quiet. Several morinings we awoke and found that the ship was already docked and we had slept in.

As for 6146, it is very different from the other SS. The cabin itself was about 30% bigger than other SS, but the bathroom was huge, all marble with a separate shower and tub. The balcony was very big and came with teak chaise lounge chairs with deep padding, the same as what they have in the Royal Suites. It is very luxurious and the decor matches the adjoining Penthouse suite. The only possible negative is the piano in the Penthouse suite. Our neighbors didn't play the piano, we were lucky.

If I had to do it again, I would book 6146 in a second. If the piano noise was too late or too much, then I would ask the neighbors to "please" limit the play, especially if kids were banging on it.

Note that on Millennium only, the balcony does not have a canvas cover and is completely exposed to above. On the other three ships, the balcony is very private.

Lou33 - we have this room booked for a future cruise on the Connie. I've heard that the closets in these rooms are smaller, but I don't know if this is comparing just to a standard SS which I think has more closet space, or if it is in relation to other rooms in general. I don't know if you're familiar with other M-Class rooms, but if you are then how does the closet space compare to a standard room or a CC room?

Lsimon,

The closet is not as big as in other SS. I think it is even smaller than a standard room. When you walk in the door, there is a small foyer area, and that takes up some of the closet space. But there are extra drawers and cabinets in the main room and bathroom, so this makes up for the smaller closet.

Archived