Checking in at Miami without roommate

virginiab

We may need to arrive at the port at different times, in order to corral everyone else in our travel group and drive them to the port. Can one of us check in, set up our Sign&Sail account, etc and board, then have the second person check in later with her passport and pick up her own S&S card?

I assume this happens from time to time with friends flying in from different cities, etc. Has anyopne done this? Any tips or thought to make it go smoothly? Thanks is advance!

Virginia

We may need to arrive at the port at different times, in order to corral everyone else in our travel group and drive them to the port. Can one of us check in, set up our Sign&Sail account, etc and board, then have the second person check in later with her passport and pick up her own S&S card?

I assume this happens from time to time with friends flying in from different cities, etc. Has anyopne done this? Any tips or thought to make it go smoothly? Thanks is advance!

Virginia

I've not heard of this being done (allowed) before.

It can be done if you both have seperate documents. If your documents are together you will need to check in together.

Usually people who live out of town will probably get their own documents.

How did you set up the booking??

(Joe & I live together-- both have different last names. We get seperate documents)

I also book together with Joe but since our names are different we get seperate documents. If it isnt too late request the booking to be seperate eventhough you all are in the same cabin.

It's so interesting that you and Joe get separate documents, while Gail and I (different surnames, same address) have always gotten a single set of docs.

The cruise in question isn't until December, so if as our Miami arrangements evolve, if it looks like it would be best for me to check in with my mother and her friend and get them settled, while Gail returns the rental car, then I'll ask for separate docs. Anyway, it's good to know what's going on!

Gotta love this board, where ther is almost always an answer to your question (and it's often from Serene!)

Thanks again!

It's so interesting that you and Joe get separate documents, while Gail and I (different surnames, same address) have always gotten a single set of docs.

in the past 4 cruises-- we even used other agents-- got seperate documents each time. You can play it safe and ask the agent to issue documents seperate.

Now my son is going on the next upcoming cruise-- and he has the same name but differnt cabin number. I better make sure he gets his own too.

The name thing has me boggled. We are leaving on the Valor Sunday. Three people with DIFFERENT last names in the same cabin, ONE set of documents.

If I can remember while I'm checking in on Sunday I will ask if is possible for you to have one set of documents but board at different times.

My opinion would, if you have filled out the fun pass and BOTH have a copy you would not have any trouble. However, if you are both using the same credit card for your sign & sail make sure that the both of you have signed & initialed the sail & sign sheet in the document book and that the person who's name the card is in has the actual documents.

chex- see if you can ask a supervisor that question. Or someone who may actually know the answer. Thats why I hate calling carnival. you get mixed answers to the same question.

Archived