Room Service Menu

I'm new to RCCL but sailed on Carnival 3 times. And the room service menu wasn't really special. You could only order cold foods, but it was free. What is the room service menu like on the Marnier of the Seas? IS there a fee besides a tip? Thanks!

I've been told that you can order anything that's in the dining room from room service. I replied to another thread that you could only get cold food, specifically for breakfast, and was corrected by several people. If you write it in or call, apparently you can get eggs, omlets, etc. from room service.

kitty

We ordered room service twice on Explorer during our April 2-9 cruise. I wrote items in on the card, and we received it without any problem. You can call room service, and they will let you know immediately if they can accomodate your request. We called and got eggs without any problem the first time we ordered. Wrote in eggs and toasted english muffins on the second order, and also received them without problems.

Breakfast you can get eggs, bacon, sausage, etc easily from room service. In fact the order card has it specifically listed.

I know there are hot dogs and hamburgers available as well, and I think pizza all in addition to the salads, fruit, and sandwiches that are available.

During the dinner hours in the main dining room, you can get almost anything that is being served in the main dining room that evening with a few notable exceptions like lobster.

Does anyone have a pic of the room service menu? I have learned that you can't buy bottles of alcohol and bring them to your room anymore, but can you order bottles of alcohol through room service as Princess allows you to do, or pre-order like Carnival allows? Thanks for any info.

Does anybody know for sure?

Only thing we could not get thru room service was Escargot and Lobster, they don't travel well ... and alcohol beverages were dicey, we were usually told we had to go down to one of the bars ... which was fine. I think it's because there's a charge for those.

We were "stuck" in our stateroom for two days (Lost luggage), we special ordered bunches. First two mornings I ordered a full plate of just kiwi ... and we didn't have to order it anymore ... every time we called for room service (day or night) we received a plate of bunches of kiwi and they would add a plate of cookies for the kids.

Free is relative, you paid for it with the cruise. I usually tip the server a few dollars for dragging it all the way to the room.

Archived