Dover/Canterbury tour guides

We are a group of ten who will be spending 2 extra days in Dover prior to our May cruise. We intend to visit Canterbury but we are having a problem locating a local tour company via the internet. Most of the tour companies seem to operate out of London.

Does anydody have suggestions for us?

I saw a previous post where someone took the train from Dover to Canterbury and visited the cathedral on their own. We would like do & see a bit more.

Thanks

Jim

What more do you want to do that is not in Canterbury city centre? It's a very small and compact place and everything is easily walkable from everywhere (including from the train station, which is probably the fastest and best way of getting from Dover to Canterbury). If you want to visit Canterbury, I'm not sure what more a tour company could offer.

jayjay I have just the person for you if she is available. Normally she does multi-day tours, but you might be able to catch her on a day she is free. We were a group of 8 who stayed on the ship at Dover (btob cruises). Denise met us and took us on a tour of Kent and then on to Canterbury. On the way back we were going to visit Dover castle, but the tour we wanted was already booked and the next one was too late to get back to the ship. Highly recommended. www.toursoftherealm.com She will build the tour around your desires and time availibility.

• 3 weeks later...

Just wanted to second the recommendation for Tours of the Realm. Denise is an excellent guide and makes you feel right at home. She knows the countryside and the people; the stories and the legends; the history and the lore. My wife and I toured with Denise last year and it was excellent.

Archived