T-pool fades your cossie?

ssgemini

Hello Everyone!

I had an unfortunate experience once on a 'not to be mentioned' cruise line where the heated spa faded our cossies (ok .. Australian for swimmers, bathers, togs, swimsuits, DT's .. etc). Since I have purchased new ones for our Cruise on Mille next month I don't want the same to happen! Has anyone experienced this in the T-pools?

Phil

This definately happened to me in the "serious" T-pool on the Century, but less so on the Millie or Connie. I guess it depends on how much time you spend in there. They do recommend bringing an old bathing suit for the T-pool. Hope that helps some.

Yes some colours don't do well with chlorine, salt water and the heat - that is why many of us bring 2 one for sunbathing and swimming in the normal pool and one older one for swimming in the warm varities.

The salt water acts as a bleaching catalyst for the halogen (chlorine) in not only the t-pool, but the regular pools as well. People just tend to spend more time in the t-pool because it is warm.

Hello Everyone!

I had an unfortunate experience once on a 'not to be mentioned' cruise line where the heated spa faded our cossies (ok .. Australian for swimmers, bathers, togs, swimsuits, DT's .. etc). Since I have purchased new ones for our Cruise on Mille next month I don't want the same to happen! Has anyone experienced this in the T-pools?

Phil

I was in the T-pool on Infinity 5 of the 7 days of my cruise on Infinity, for at least 30 mins each time, and my suits didn't fade at all. I'm not sure if it had anything to do with it, but before I left I soaked them in a solution of vinegar and water (a suggestion from this board).

Hope this helps!

Yes, my bathingsuit faded from use in the Constellation T-Pool in 2004. It was black, gray and white and had some shiny silver color trim around the pattern.

I took it on my 2005 cruise the the Med on Millenium. By then it was so bad I just threw it out.

I love the T-Pool and whirlpools and I will continue to use them. After a day of touring in Europe the whirlpools were fantastic.

At the end of the summer I found a suit I liked at a great discount and I bought 2 of the same style - 1 for my next cruises.

Ellen

After one dip in the T-Pool on the Galaxy, DH's suite went from blue to an ugly lavender color. My own black spandex suit did not suffer any fading or discoloration after many many hours. Obviously the damage varies from fabric to fabric. It is the chlorine that does it, not the salt. Neither of our suits suffered any damage on the Summit or the Infinity, just the Galaxy.

Hi Margie!

How are you guys! We are sure missing our cruise -- and all our cruise critic buddies! Hope you're well.

We did not have any problem with our bathing suits fading in the T pool...DH had a blue suit, and mine was black. Must be different fabrics, as Margie suggested!

Janice

The only item I pack plenty of is bathing suits and I always pack what I consider to be a sacrificial suit. Given the fact that the T pools are open to the public and the water is warm, I'd not go in if there wasn't plenty of chlorine in the water :eek: .

To the OP, thanks for the new word in my vocabulary! Never read it before.

I love the phrase "sacrificial suit." I go swimming with my son "between cruises" at least a time or two each week and by the time a cruise rolls around, I've got a cossie -- er, swimsuit -- that is getting a little well-worn anyway; I buy a new one for general use, take the worn one for the T-pool, and then at the end of the cruise, I ceremonially toss the latter in the trash can at the spa... TR

We'e good -- trying to figure out what (if anything) we are going to do for cacation next year. I'd love to go to Alaska on a cruise, but Mike's mom wants us to take her to Machu Picchu on a bus tour -- so we'll have to see. That's going to be pretty excpensive if we do it. Hope you have a nice summer, email me when you have time!

Archived