Excursions Question From Angel

angelrmt

i Am Thiking Of Taking An Excursion To A Beach On One Of The Three Ports We Are Boarding. Which One Do Anyone Of You Recommend? I Am Going With Two Senior Citizens And My Best Friend Who Wants To Go To A Beach. I Am Not A Beach Type Person And I Cannot Be On The Sun Very Long. I Take A Medication That Cannot Let Me Tolerate The Sunlight. I Start Feeling Nausea And Fatigue. I Would Like My Friend To Have Fun Too By Going On This Beach Excursion But I Would Like To Stay Away From The Sun As Much As Possible. Which Beach Resort Has Shaded Areas So I Can Be In While She Does Her Beachy Thing? It Could Be Either In Jamaica, Cayman Island Or Cozumel. Also What About The Stringray Excursion, Is There A Place Where I Can Wait For Her While She Feeds The Stingrays? Thank You. Angel

Hi, Angel!

While I've never cruised to Jamaica, we've done beach tours in the caribbean on all of our cruises.

Just about every beach will have a shaded area -- it's just too darn hot to be out in the sun too long, medication or not! If you book the excursion through the cruise line, they can tell you the facilities the beaches have -- most will even have changing rooms and showers to clean off (or cool down!).

Have a great time!!

Using Capt Marvins or NAtivways---- your friend can get in the water and feed the rays--- you can stay on the boat in the shade. that way you can do both-- have an excursion-- get to see all the rays plus stay out of the sun.

THANKS FOR YOUR RESPONSE. I AM DOING THE EXCURSION THROUGH THE CRUISELINE AS WE FEEL SAFER SINCE WE ARE ALL WOMEN AND BEING THE FIRST TIME..I KIND OF THOUGHT THERE WOULD BE SOME SHADED AREAS. DO THEY HAVE LIKE HUTS WITH TABLES AND CHAIRS ON THE BEACH WHERE i CAN COOL OFF WITH A GOOD DIET DRINK? THANKS ALL OF YOU. ANGEL

Angel, May I recommend that you post your question for each port on the specific board for that port (under Ports of Call). So that you can get specific suggestions for each island.

Have a great cruise!

Archived