No Aruba?

depotma

We just received an e-mail from our TA. We have a group going on the Destiny on 1-7-07. They removed Aruba from itinerary, and replaced with St. Lucia and Antigua. This is in effect from 1-7 to 4-29. Does anyone have any info on Antigua. Looked on the website for Carnival, it isn't listed as shore excursion. Any info would help-Thanks, Sue

Just check my reservation on Carnival.com and they have changed the Itinerary they have dropped Aruba and replaced it with St Lucia and Antiqua. Well St lucia is a good change not to sure about Antigua:( :(

We just received an e-mail from our TA. We have a group going on the Destiny on 1-7-07. They removed Aruba from itinerary, and replaced with St. Lucia and Antigua. This is in effect from 1-7 to 4-29. Does anyone have any info on Antigua. Looked on the website for Carnival, it isn't listed as shore excursion. Any info would help-Thanks, Sue

I was on the Destiny in Feb and I am curious as to how they are replacing 1 island with 2. Are they taking away a sea day or is it like St Thomas and St John where they are so close they are almost like one place? I have been to both islands and I love St Lucia, but Antigua does not stand out in my mind.

We stopped in Antigua on our RCCL Nordic Prince cruise and it was an absolutely lovely island. We went to a beach and found someone offering horseback riding on the beach. Wow, what a treat. It was only me, my husband and the guide. We did get a little nervous when we rode somewhere where a local talked to our guide in a dialect we couldn't make out except for the part about "no white face on the beach". Oh my! :o Our guide didn't seem too concerned so we just kept on our way.

Anyway, the beach was wonderful and the water was to blue. I think you will enjoy this port.

Talked to a rep this am, and said we would only have one day at Sea. We were just in Antigua off of the Liberty and were not impressed. Probably stay on and use the ship. We only chose this for Aruba, already have airfare, because we got it so cheap 351.00 from Cleveland to SJ nonstop!!

Anyways, our TA is researching to see what RCCL can do for us as she knows we really wanted Aruba and they stop for 2 days. Same dates in Feb. Hope everyone enjoys! Wonder if it is because it is over springbreak and the whole trouble on the island??? Makes ya wonder!!

Does anyone know why Aruba has been dropped?

We were just there a few months ago and loved it, we picked the itenerary just for that port.

I just got off the phone with Carnival and yes... sadly they confirmed with me as well...no more Aruba. Now I have to really think about selecting another cruise. I also chose this cruise specifically for Aruba! Carnival stated they wanted to explore more destinations and so now it is St. Lucia & Antigua. St. Lucia will replace Aruba and dock time is 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM and Antigua will replace day at sea and dock time is 10:00 AM - 7:00 PM. The only thing Carnival stated is... if they receive enough complaints... then they may add it to their back prior to our sail date. Good luck to all and I guess I will see what else is available!:( :confused: :eek:

Talked to a rep this am, and said we would only have one day at Sea. We were just in Antigua off of the Liberty and were not impressed. Probably stay on and use the ship. We only chose this for Aruba, already have airfare, because we got it so cheap 351.00 from Cleveland to SJ nonstop!!

Anyways, our TA is researching to see what RCCL can do for us as she knows we really wanted Aruba and they stop for 2 days. Same dates in Feb. Hope everyone enjoys! Wonder if it is because it is over springbreak and the whole trouble on the island??? Makes ya wonder!!

Please let me know what you TA finds out about RCCL to Aruba! I may need to change my reservation as well! :D

I got my airfare from Continental. Right when the 331 day out was avail. They have since did away with the nonstop, but we are going 3 days before so if we have any trouble should be ok for our cruise. We now stop in Newark for 51 mins. then down to SJ. The only difference with RCCL is they go to Aruba,Curacao,St. Thomas, and St.Martin. Also, cost is so much more. We would have to take an inside on an upper deck for the same price as our balcony on the Empress Deck on the Destiny. Right now we are going to stick with Carnival. Maybe they will bring back Aruba. If not, never been to St. Lucia just not crazy about Antigua. If anyone knows what to do there and really enjoyed it, please let me know. We did do a small powered raftboat excursion there and it was fun. But when we first got off the ship the hounding of the taxi drivers and the ladies at the market were too pushy. Really turned us off. The power boats were fun, but didn't get a real feel for the island, so any suggestions??? Thanks!!

We did a tour with Lawrence in Antigua and we all 4 loved it he was a gentlemen and very knowledgeable about the island. We went to the beach he came by at the agreed time and picked us up. We went to the dockyard which was very very nice. His bus is new and very comfortable.So if your looking for a good tour in Antigua you might check him out.

gina

Got a quote for RCCL Adventures of the Sea and an E2 category balcony would be 417.00 more for the two of us. Wish I knew if it was worth it or not.????:confused: We are staying in SJ for 3 days precruise so 417.00 is a big hunk of change for staying there or use on the ship!!! I do believe this is the last time I will book so early. Seems ever since I booked everything has gone haywire from flights to itinerary change and reviews of the Destiny!!!:eek:

Our last cruise booked early and everything went without a hitch!:D

The Adventure of the Seas is a great ship, much better than Destiny from what I've heard. If I had my choice between Aruba and Antigua, I would take Aruba (although Antigua is nice). Just be aware it isn't actually 2 days that is in port in Aruba, you actually leave just after midnight on the 1st day.

Archived