Upgrade question

sovereign has balconies on deck 10. Go to RCCL website, choose the ship and choose the sail date and you can see all the prices to know what it will cost. I can tell you that I am sailing with 3 in the cabin for Sept 8. We booked superior oceanview deck 9 for 379 each 1 and 2 and 99.00 for third. I really wanted a balcony but to get a balcony you haveto go to a Junior suite.. (no other balcony rooms unless you have JS) and that jumps to 609 pp and the thirs stays at 99.00 so I did not upgrade because it is $460.00 to do so.. and for a three night cruise I do not think it is worth 609 a person...

Bearysweet2cruise: He means once on the pier/ship..... it is different than upgrading prior to check-in. RCI likes to have the more expensive cabins occupied so will upgrade for less when you checkin at the pier. Sometimes even less than that after the first night - at the pursers desk.

There was a thread posted here the other day that had all the pier upgrade prices and I had a question posted on it....but it is not anywhere to be found now....?????

I remember it was posted $300.00 to upgrade from oceanview to balcony (which is what I would like to do for 11/11 cruise coming up) but I would like to verify that is PER CABIN and not per person.... seems I saw somewhere that it is per cabin..... but just want to make sure.....

Bearysweet2cruise: He means once on the pier/ship..... it is different than upgrading prior to check-in. RCI likes to have the more expensive cabins occupied so will upgrade for less when you checkin at the pier. Sometimes even less than that after the first night - at the pursers desk.

There was a thread posted here the other day that had all the pier upgrade prices and I had a question posted on it....but it is not anywhere to be found now....?????

I remember it was posted $300.00 to upgrade from oceanview to balcony (which is what I would like to do for 11/11 cruise coming up) but I would like to verify that is PER CABIN and not per person.... seems I saw somewhere that it is per cabin..... but just want to make sure.....

YEAH.. what the hell happened to that thread? I was a posting a question on it and BAM system went a little crazy and I got this screen saying I wasn't authorized for this location.... I rebooted and the thread was gone and I can't find it anywhere...

Thanks for the replies, I do see that you have to be in a Junior Suite in order to have a balcony. I called and there is ONE LEFT!! I doubt we would be able to upgrade at the pier, but maybe to an outside. We should get there pretty early so I will just ask when I get there. If not, oh well! I'm going to ENJOY my cruise regardless. I CANNOT WAIT. Cruising WITHOUT the kids for once!!

If anyone can recall prices, I would appreciate it! THANKS!!

Archived