Key West Cancelled!!

RAIDERMOM

It has been posted already in a new thread but I can confirm after talking to PVP's that at least the Carnival Glory sailings after May 20th will go to:

SAT: leavc PC

SUN: At Sea

MON: Cozumel

TUES: Belize

WED: Costa Maya

THURS: At Sea

FRI: Nassau

SAT: return PC

There was a fax via email from Carnival sent to my email today. It states that as of the 5/20 (yaaaahh) cruise the Glory will now call on Cozumel and Nassau

Sat leave PC

Sun Day at Sea

Mon Cozumel

Tue Belize.

Wed Costa Maya

Thur Day at Sea

Fri Nassau

Sat Arrive PC

There is an exception for Oct 21 cruise, it calls at Freeport

So there you have it. Thanks to all for being the FIRST to know and getting the message out there.

A very happy

Burtanddi

Called today about my May 8th ( Monday, YAY) on the Fascination, They said KW was still on. Tho I know from past cruises this is something that will come up at last minute. This is the first time I will actually going to KW, tho my hopes are not up. I have booked my past cruises with the mindset that Key West is "just not there".

This is the third place I have put this response, but I want to make sure everyone reads what Carnival just told me (at 9:10 AM EDT today). For Glory sailings:

I don’t want to burst any bubbles, but I called Carnival just now after reading this post. They told me the itinerary change is effective for sailings starting in MAY 2007. All other sailings will keep Key West. Also, the lady I spoke with stated that the reason you cannot book any Key West excursions is because they only put so many available on-line, hen hold the rest back so people can book once they are onboard the ship. Clear as mud now, isn’t it?

Does anybody know anything for sure about the stops. Now we have 2 different stories. This is getting frustrating!!! It would be nice to know for sure what is what. I spoke with them a few days ago and told me that we were on our way to Cozumel. It would be nice if we all got the same story!!

The posters who gave the itinerary change to Cozumel and Nausau are correct! I just received a call from my TA for my May 20, 2006 sailing! I don't know about prior sailings, but all sailings May 20, 2006 and after will have 4 port stops and 2 days at sea! The ship will be at Cozumel from 10 until 7, and docked at Nausau from 10 until 4. I like it!

Vic

I have an email from Carnival and one of the Senior VP's and here is the changes: I to am on the May 20th sailing so I know for sure after that here is the new itinerary:

Sat: Port Canaveral

Sun: Sea

Mon: Cozumel 10:00-7:00

Tue: Belize 8:00-5:00

Wed: Costa Maya 8:00-5:00

Thu: Sea

Fri: Nassau 10:00-4:00

Sat: Port Canaveral

I am not too happy with losing a day at Sea, its my favorite part but nothing that I can do about it. We have been to both ports before so nothing new there.

Hope this helped everyone out.

Received an e-mail from Carnival this morning, our iteniary for Dec 30th, 2006 cruise on the Glory has been changed to Cozumel with Key West deleted, also going to Costa Maya, Belize and Nassau. Can't wait!:)

I got a call from my TA too, and it is officially changed, Nassau and Cozumel as of May 20, 2006.

I'm excited! I wanted a Eastern Carribean, but the Western on the Glory was much cheaper, now I got a little bit of both. Can't beat that.

I think this is great news. Wonder why they added the 4th stop? Glory western used to be four stops and the reason why we chose that sailing. For us, two full days in a row isn't a good thing. This is a nice itinerary!

Timmy, you should be receiving an email or a phone call. All changes to the Glory take effect on our cruise 5/20. So anythign after that has the new schedule which I posted a few back.

As for us a bit disapointed as we chose this cruise because of the two days at sea at the end....I like relaxing and laying by the pool. But all in all great ports (oh maybe they could just give us an extra day and then I could get one more day at sea.....wouldn't that be nice)

Timmy -

If you booked with Carnival directly, you should have gotten an e-mail. If you booked with a TA, you might want to give them a call.

I'm sure you have all read the message by now - but as of May 20th, the itinerary for Carnival Glory Western has been officially changed. Instead of Key West, we will be going to Cozumel, and on Friday - Instead of a Sea Day we will be going to Nassau. I received my official itinerary change last evening. YIPPEE! :D :) :D

Just went to Carnival site under my booking and the new itinerary is posted on the web site. Can't book excursions yet but you can view them. It's about time they made a final decision.

spacer.gif

Can't wait :D to leave Michigan in two weeks for Orlando. Counting down the days. We've been to Cozumel and Nassau before but my wife has already found an excursion that she wants to go on at both ports. __________________

I am thrilled with this change! I am sure I'm in the minority, but we don't like two full days at sea on the way home. We were seriously thinking about the Miracle or Valor next March but now that this change in the Glory has happened, we may book the Glory. We sailed her a year ago April when it was western with four stops (Progresso) and loved it! Loved sailing out of PC as well.

Archived