Airline from Orlando to Alaska

tap & dap

We are going to Alaska next year on Princess Cruises. Was wondering if anyone booked their airfare through them from Orlando to Fairbanks and back from Vancouver to Orlando?

Would love to know time of day they flew, what airline, and what the connections were.

Thanks

Tom and Diana

Orlando/Seattle/Alaska is a really easy flight path using Alaska Airlines. They have two non-stops each day between MCO and SEA.....and then you just can hub right on up to any of the Alaskan cities. I fly all over Alaska each summer, coming and going from our home near Seattle.

We leave to catch the Island Princess on June 3. We are booked on Alaskan Airlines from MCO/SEA/Anchorage and leave at 8:30 am arrive alaksa around 2:30pm....LONG DAY!!! Coming home from Vancover/ATL/MCO we leave approx noon i think and arrive in Orlando approx 11:30pm via Delta. We did our own air. YOu can also fly home via Salt Lake City. But check your flights often....our times have changed at least 4 -5 times in the last 4 months causing our seating to change as well as miss connections. As the airlines try to fly fuller planes they keep changing the aircraft size and so the seats change. Good Luck

Thanks All,

Saw on Northwest that they fly from Orlando to Minneapolis to Fairbanks and the return is Vancouver to Minneapolis to Orlando. Anyone had any experience with those flights?

Yes I have flown NWA to Fairbanks. Experience???? Like any other airline. Have also flown Alaska, United and Delta to Alaska. All the same. :)

We took Northwest Airlines last year on FF tickets - Washington, D,C, via MSP to Vancouver, returned Fairbanks to Washington, D.C. via MSP. No problems at all. The best part was it was free air travel - keep collecting your miles.

I kept watching the fares on Delta when we flew two years ago. All of a sudden one day in May, we sailed late August, I found tickets MCO to Vancouver returning via Anchorage for about $300 pp. We had a stop in DFW, change in SLC and on the return a change in ATL. Not too bad an itinerary considering. I think I'd rather fly to Europe than make that flight again. Both going and returning were exhausting!

I booked with Alaskan Air using my FF miles from Delta. My original flight was 8:00AM from MCO to SEATAC, then 12:30PM from SEATAC to Fairbanks. We live about a 2 hour drive from Orlando so I was going to get a motel in Orlando the night before the flight. I got a phone call from the airline telling me that flight time from Orlando was changed making it almost impossible to make the connection from SEATAC to Fairbanks. So Alaskan Air made a suggestion that I get a 6PM flight out of MCO the day before and stay in Seattle overnight and take the 12:30PM to Fairbanks the next day. That sounded OK since we were going to stay in Orlando overnight, so it made sense to stay in Seattle instead. We're statying in Vancouver 3 days after the cruise and flying back from Vancouver to SEATAC to MCO, getting back around 5PM to Orlando. To top it all off, we have first class on all of the flights. Really looking forward to the trip & cruise on Diamond Princess as an Elite member of Captains Circle. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived