what is a day room?

suefalls

Our flight out of Anchorage doesn't depart til midnight (regent cruise air)

They have provided a dayroom at the Hilton for us. Big question? What is a day room ? I haven't a clue. Is it a like a meeting room where you sit and wait or do you actually have a room that is private where you can take a nap, or something in between. Can you leave your luggage and sightsee? Any info would be helpful:confused:

I would suggest just calling the 1-800 number for Hilton and tell them where and ask that what it means. That way you can get the info directly from the hotel you will be at (since different locations may offer different services). What a great service tho since you have such a long wait. Enjoy

A DAY ROOM can be either...it may be a room with snacks/drinks and a place to rest while waiting for your trip to the airport. Sometimes it is a room used by many for changing your clothes, showers etc...

You can usually leave your luggage with the Concierge in a locked room while you sightsee...we did that in Stockholm.

Being from the UK, whenever we cruise the Caribbean etc., our return flight is always at night, so we often are given the use of a "day room". In every case, this has been a standard, normal hotel room where we could sleep, shower, leave cases, whatever. However, the advice to call the hotel seems sensible.

I assume the cruiseline you are traveling with is RSSC. A day room for that cruiseline means (from my own experience on Tahiti w/ flight left at 10:30pm) a hotel room for you to use (private room for you & your travel companion). They also might provide lunch/dinner depend on when is your transfer to airport time might be. Go to the RSSC board and get more info there.:D

Archived