Bluefly - Not discount

Jane110

For those of your not familiar with the Bluefly.com site......

It's a shopping site for designer and brand name merchandise - supposedly at discount prices.

I've never been a Bluefly.com shopper because when looking at their things, it seemed that their prices weren't very good. For example, a pair of shoes that at full retail would be $500, Bluefly would sell for anywhere between $350 and $400. However, they would be 3 or 4 seasons old and could have been purchased at a place like Sak's or Neimans 2 seasons ago for about $275.

However, I always keep looking in hopes of finding the elusive great deal.

Today, I got an email from them announcing their big sale on Pucci print items. I collect and wear Pucci scarves and am especially fond of their small 17" square cotton print summer scarves I own about a half dozen and at full retail in Sak's, Neiman's etc they cost $45. (I found a few for $20. at Century 21 last week that were older prints. Yippee!!)

Bluefly is selling them for $72 and $80 and claim that the retail is $100.!!! I carefully read the description to make sure they weren't the silk ones which of course are more money. Nope, the same 17" cotton square that I own.

So, buyer beware. BlueFly sells out of season merchandise at twice the retail price and claims to be selling it at discount.

Thought all you shoppers might want to know.......

Archived