Info requested re Coffee/Latte Card from recent Caribbean Princess cruisers

montgomeryfamily

Is the Coffee/Latte card which is now sold on the Caribbean Princess the Jack of Java punch card or is it something different? A coupon book or a different type of punch card?

Others have reported that the punch cards have replaced the coupon books on other ships. In addition, on several of the other ships, the coffee punch card is the Jack of Java card, which looks like a playing card. It seems the Sun class ships all use the same card. Is this also the same card used on the Caribbean Princess?

I dont believe this is sold on the CB. Have never heard about it if it is.

We are just off the CB, and actually they do offer a "Cappuccino Card" good for 15 cappuccinos, mochas, lattes, or espressos. Good deal if you use it. Hope that helps...:)

I was on CB over spring break. The latte's from the bar on the same level as the library (the main bar that served coffee) weren't great. They use a machine, but it isn't even as good as Starbucks, and in particular the quality of the foamed milk was meh. Maybe one or two steps up from the "cappucino" served at 7-11. I decided that I didn't need 14 more like that.

The regular coffee served at that bar was very nice, and fresh all day long.

I'm picky about espresso drinks. If you think Starbucks at the airport is as good as it gets, you might be ok with these as a step or two down. Neither compares in any favorable way with a latte hand-pulled on a machine with someone who knows what they're doing.

At least one person told me that the espresso served in the dining room (not sure which one) took quite a while and wasn't piping hot by the time it arrived -- I guess they don't make them too close by.

Archived