Regal Princess Cabins

MaiTai24

I'm booked on the Regal Princess out of SF to Alaska in June and am wondering about the weather...has anyone taken this cruise in early June? Also, we're booked in a minisuite on the Aloha deck and I'm wondering how that deck is as far as noise/motion, etc. I'm so excited-this is my first trip to Alaska! Thanks for your help :o):)

Well,for starters, weather rarely good in San Francisco in June - best Bay Area weather Sep/Oct.

Alaska can be pleasant in June, but suggest layering clothes.

A Deck is fairly high up, and you might feel some chop, particularly through the Potato Patch just outside the Golden Gate. Northbound, you are fighting the Japanese Current all the way. Southbound, with the current, should be smooth.

We like the Regal, having just gotten off her, 3-9/22-06, Buenos Aires to Valparaiso, 'round the Horn.

Hi, just read your thread and since we will be sailing on Regal in 3 weeks out of San Fran north to Alaska I was interested in your information regarding the rough waters right away the first sailing nite,,,,do you suggest patches, dramamine, etc. for first nite? or the whole sail north????????thanks, sailinsal

We were on the Regal last year for the 10-day Alaska cruise in July. We heard about the possibility of rough water but never had any trouble. We didn't use any nausea medicine, but had bonine on hand "just-in-case". You just never know what the weather will be like. In Alaska we had sun and 70's. Only needed a jacket when we were on a boat touring. Have fun!

Archived